This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Aontú TD for Meath West
- Changed party from Independent on 28 Jan 2019; from Sinn Fein on 15 Nov 2018
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Peadar Tóibín speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, Departmental Properties, Departmental Expenditure, Housing Policy, Departmental Funding
(based on written questions asked by Peadar Tóibín and answered by departments)
- National Parks and Wildlife Service Strategic Plan: Statements (Resumed) (19 May 2022)
“It is long past time that we had an organisational overhaul of our approach to national parks and the wildlife of the State. The natural beauty of this landscape is not being protected and has not been historically. What could have been a great ecological and economic resource has lacked the care and maintenance it desperately needs. The health of our biodiversity is the key to our...”
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (19 May 2022)
“The Tánaiste and the Minister mentioned core funding for childcare. However, neither mentioned the crisis created by the current core funding proposals. Since those proposals were published, 21 childcare providers have closed their doors. It is estimated by the Federation of Early Childhood Providers that 260 providers will close their doors by the end of next year. If this happens,...”
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (19 May 2022)
“On the legacy issue, Aontú published a Bill last week, the commission of investigation (collusion by British state forces) Bill 2022, which would constitute a commission investigation into British collusion into the murders of Irish people North and South. With the mounting evidence that exists we believe it is important that a commission investigation be held. There has never been a...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 183 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 1183 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Peadar Tóibín speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 871 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register