This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Aontú TD for Meath West
- Changed party from Independent on 28 Jan 2019; from Sinn Fein on 15 Nov 2018
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Peadar Tóibín speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Properties, Covid-19 Pandemic, Departmental Expenditure, Inniúlacht sa Ghaeilge sa Státseirbhís, Job Creation
(based on written questions asked by Peadar Tóibín and answered by departments)
- Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (5 May 2021)
“We have all been passed this Earth to live on and we have to pass it to the next generation. We have a moral responsibility to hand the planet on to the next generation in at least as good a shape as we received it. Despite all the talk, virtue signalling and greenwashing of the past 15 or 20 years, though, this generation is the most damaging the planet has ever seen. That is an...”
- Ceisteanna - Questions: Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (5 May 2021)
“The Irish language Act was an essential part of the Good Friday Agreement, 23 years ago. It was also a central part of the St. Andrews Agreement, 15 years ago, and an essential part of the New Decade, New Approach agreement, which is well over a year old, yet I understand there to have been no progress on the delivery of an Irish language Act. This Act is a threat to nobody. It recognises...”
- Ceisteanna - Questions: Cabinet Committees (5 May 2021)
“Before the house of The O'Rahilly was demolished, I raised the impending danger with the Minister of State responsible for heritage, Deputy Noonan. I also raised it with the Minister, Deputy Darragh O'Brien. Unfortunately, they did nothing and the house was demolished. The day after it was demolished, I raised it with the Taoiseach in the Dáil and he admitted the demolition was wrong...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 158 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 650 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Peadar Tóibín speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 720 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register