This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Aontú TD for Meath West
- Changed party from Independent on 28 Jan 2019; from Sinn Fein on 15 Nov 2018
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Peadar Tóibín speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Properties, Covid-19 Pandemic, Departmental Expenditure, Departmental Funding, Inniúlacht sa Ghaeilge sa Státseirbhís
(based on written questions asked by Peadar Tóibín and answered by departments)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Bill 2017 [Seanad]: Second Stage [Private Members] (20 Oct 2021)
“Gabhaim buíochas leis an Teachta Seán Canney as an obair atá déanta aige ar an mBille seo. This Bill was initiated on 10 May 2017. It is now four years since its introduction and the Bill is only on Second Stage. The issue of services and basic rights for Irish people with autism is one of the subjects that gets plenty of lip service in Leinster House, but there is...”
- Rental Sector: Motion [Private Members] (19 Oct 2021)
“Phil Hogan and Deputies Kelly and Coveney and now Deputy Darragh O'Brien have all been Ministers who have stood in this Chamber and said that the housing crisis cannot be fixed overnight. That hackneyed phrase has been trotted out as some kind of defence over and over again for more than a decade. The truth is that this is not an unfixable problem but there is an issue. Fine Gael and...”
- Ceisteanna - Questions: Cabinet Committees (19 Oct 2021)
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 175 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 1077 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Peadar Tóibín speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 776 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register