This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Dublin Central
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Citizenship Applications, Carer's Allowance Applications, Tax Code, Community Employment Schemes
(based on written questions asked by Paschal Donohoe and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Tax Incentives (12 Dec 2019)
“My Department put in place published guidelines for the evaluation of potential tax expenditures in October 2014 (). Drawing on economic evidence, these make clear that it is important that any policy proposal which involves tax expenditures should only occur in limited circumstances where there are demonstrable market failures and where a tax-based incentive is more efficient than a direct...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Departmental Budgets (12 Dec 2019)
“Capital expenditure allocations for 2020 to 2022 were published for each Ministerial Vote Group in Budget 2020. The Finance Vote Group allocations are set out below, and these allocations will be verified in the 2020 Revised Estimates Volume. - 2020 €million 2021 €million 2022 €million Finance Group 22 ...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Banks Recapitalisation (12 Dec 2019)
“Over the course of 2009 and 2010 Anglo Irish Bank and Irish Nationwide Building Society were recapitalised at a cost of €34.7 billion. Of this €5.4 billion was injected into INBS and €29.3 billion into Anglo Irish Bank by way of equity and promissory notes. These entities were merged in July 2011 to become the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (IBRC) which was...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 85 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1129 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register