This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Dublin Central
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Citizenship Applications, Carer's Allowance Applications, Tax Code, Community Employment Schemes
(based on written questions asked by Paschal Donohoe and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: NAMA Operations (22 May 2019)
“As the Deputy will be aware, under Sections 99 and 202 of the NAMA Act 2009, NAMA is legally prohibited from disclosing confidential information relating to debtors or their associated assets. Therefore NAMA is not in a position to comment on the information requested. The Deputy will also be aware that I, as Minister for Finance, have no role in respect of NAMA’s commercial...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Corporation Tax Regime (22 May 2019)
“There are ongoing discussions at the OECD on further reforms to the international corporate tax system. Some countries have raised the issue of minimum effective corporate tax rates in that context. I recently had the opportunity to discuss the OECD work with some of my EU counterparts on the margins of last week’s Eurogroup, and there was a more in depth discussion at...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Insurance Industry (22 May 2019)
“Setanta Insurance was placed into liquidation by the Malta Financial Services Authority on 30 April 2014. As it was a Maltese incorporated company, the liquidation is being carried out under Maltese law. I am very conscious of the effect of the delays in the payment of compensation to Setanta claimants, and this is one of the reasons why I brought forward the Insurance (Amendment) Act...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 74 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 992 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register