This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Dublin Central
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Citizenship Applications, Carer's Allowance Applications, Tax Code, Community Employment Schemes
(based on written questions asked by Paschal Donohoe and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Foreign Direct Investment (20 Sep 2017)
“The outline of the US tax reform proposal is expected to be released at the end of September. It is expected that the proposal will include a reduction in the US corporate tax rate. It remains to be seen whether any reduction in the US corporate tax rate would be permanent or temporary in nature. Agreement between the House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate and President Trump will be...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Tax Credits (20 Sep 2017)
“The One-Parent Family Tax Credit (OPFTC) was replaced by the Single Person Child Carer Credit (SPCCC) from 1 January 2014. The restructured credit is of the same value as the OPFTC, €1,650 per annum, and also includes the same entitlement to the additional €4,000 extended standard rate band, which increases to €37,800 per annum the point of entry to the higher rate of...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Corporation Tax (20 Sep 2017)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 147, 185 and 192 together. I note the comment made by President Juncker on the requirement of unanimity. There is no official proposal currently for a change on the way tax policy decisions are taken in the EU. Under the EU Treaties, for the European Council to move a policy area such as taxation from unanimity to qualified majority voting it would...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 62 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 566 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register