This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Dublin Central
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Citizenship Applications, Carer's Allowance Applications, Tax Code, Community Employment Schemes
(based on written questions asked by Paschal Donohoe and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Motor Insurance Costs (19 Dec 2018)
“As Minister for Finance, I am responsible for the development of the legal framework governing financial regulation. Neither I nor the Central Bank of Ireland can interfere in the provision or pricing of insurance products, as these matters are of a commercial nature, and are determined by insurance companies based on an assessment of the risks they are willing to accept. These are...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: NAMA Social Housing Provision (19 Dec 2018)
“The information requested by the Deputy in respect of the number of houses and apartments in each local authority area that have been directly financed by NAMA's residential funding programme since 2014 is set out in the table. http://debatesarchive.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/weba ttachments.nsf/0/8456B10BA4771990802583680058699C/$File/ATTI A167.pdf?openelement”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: VAT Rate Increases (19 Dec 2018)
“Services and goods currently applying at 9% VAT rate will increase to 13.5% from 1 January 2019. As the supply of hairdressing services is currently applied at the 9% VAT rate, from 1 January 2019 the rate of VAT applying to the supply of hairdressing services will increase from 9% to 13.5%, an effective increase of 4.5%.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 62 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 879 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register