This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Dublin Central
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Citizenship Applications, Carer's Allowance Applications, Tax Code, Community Employment Schemes
(based on written questions asked by Paschal Donohoe and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Pensions Reform (21 Jun 2018)
“Under the Government’s Roadmap for Pensions Reform 2018-2023, a number of specific actions have been allocated to the Interdepartmental Pensions Reform and Taxation Group (IDPRTG). The IDPRTG is chaired by the Department of Finance and includes representatives from the Department as well as from the Department of Public Expenditure & Reform, the Department of Employment Affairs...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Tax Reliefs Application (21 Jun 2018)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 64 and 65 together. The relief from Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) applying to electric vehicles has been included in fiscal space calculations which are currently set out to 2021. The relief is due to expire at end 2021. The VRT reliefs applying to both conventional hybrid vehicles and plugin hybrid vehicles are due to expire at the end of 2018 and have been...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Fiscal Policy (21 Jun 2018)
“The introduction of the 0% rate of benefit-in-kind on electric vehicles is a measure designed to incentivise the uptake of an emerging technology. This measure is estimated to cost €500,000 in terms of tax foregone in 2018 and has been included in the calculations of fiscal space for 2018. I have previously announced my intention to extend this relief in the upcoming...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 75 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Paschal Donohoe speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 771 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register