This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Hospital Equipment, Hospital Acquired Infections, Covid-19 Pandemic
(based on written questions asked by Ossian Smyth and answered by departments)
- Post Office Network: Motion [Private Members] (21 Oct 2020)
“I welcome this debate and I am glad to hear the contributions of my colleagues on this topic. As the Minister of State with responsibility for eGovernment, I am keen to see as many public services put online as possible, not least because people expect it. People are now used to conducting their commercial and social lives online, and there is no reason that the Government should not...”
- Financial Resolutions 2020 - Financial Resolution No. 7: General (Resumed) (14 Oct 2020)
“As Deputy Howlin has said, this budget is in the context of twin challenges to our economy, the enormity of which we have not seen before, namely, the pandemic and the challenge of a Brexit that may lead to the UK attempting to trade with the EU on WTO terms. This budget represents the biggest investment in the history of our State. It is coming at a time when we need it most to protect...”
- Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions: Flood Relief Schemes (29 Sep 2020)
“As the Deputy notes, the Minister of State has visited Limerick city and other areas where flooding has occurred. I thank him for raising the question of the status of flood relief schemes in Limerick city and its environs, including Coonagh, King's Island and Castleconnell. As the Deputy knows, the Minister of State is very familiar with the areas in question. On 15 September, in the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 24 committee discussions and Dáil debates since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ossian Smyth speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 26 times in debates.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)