This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Ministerial Travel, Departmental Staff Data, Health Services, Brexit Issues
(based on written questions asked by Niall Collins and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Industrial Relations (1 Dec 2022)
“There has been previous engagement with Unions regarding these staff and while agreement was reached on some issues, the claim to align tutors to a pay scale of an existing ETB grade remains unresolved. In 2020 the Labour Court recommended that the official side identify the scale of cost it was prepared or able to absorb and make an offer, while noting the position that existed in terms of...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Further and Higher Education (1 Dec 2022)
“I can assure the Deputy that inclusion has always been a central tenet of the work of Education and Training Boards (ETBs) and Further Education and Training (FET) providers, with an extensive reach into and across local communities. Fostering inclusion is one of the three core pillars of Future FET: Transforming Learningthe national FET Strategy 2020-2024.It identifies addressing the needs...”
- Select Committee on Education and Skills: Estimates for Public Services 2022
Vote 26 - Education (Supplementary)
Vote 45 - Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science (Supplementary) (30 Nov 2022)
“I thank the committee for the opportunity to speak and for its consideration of the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science’s Supplementary Estimate. I am accompanied by officials from my Department. The allocation for the Department's 2022 Supplementary Estimate was drawn up in recent weeks as part of the normal budgetary process. At a Cabinet...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 24 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 331 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Niall Collins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 603 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register