This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, Fishing Industry, Workplace Relations Commission, Work Permits, Employment Rights
(based on written questions asked by Mick Barry and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (30 Jun 2022)
“Mr. John Paul Ricken is a constituent of mine. He lost his wife, Susan, to bowel cancer. He is campaigning for improved bowel cancer screening programmes. I support his campaign. Around 2,800 people are diagnosed with bowel cancer in Ireland every year and about 1,000 people die from it here each year. Early screening can prevent cancer from forming in the first place. In France and...”
- Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009: Motion (29 Jun 2022)
- Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998: Motion (29 Jun 2022)
“I am opposed to extending the powers of the Offences against the State Act. I agree with the Irish Council for Civil Liberties, the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission, Amnesty International and the United Nations Human Rights Committee that the Special Criminal Court should be abolished. The Irish Council for Civil Liberties has stated: There is no jury at the Special Criminal...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 181 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 234 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 22 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Mick Barry speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 632 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)