This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Industrial Disputes, Fishing Industry, Employment Rights, Fishing Vessel Safety, Bus Services
(based on written questions asked by Mick Barry and answered by departments)
- Public Service Pay Commission Report on the Permanent Defence Force: Statements (Resumed) (11 Jul 2019)
“I begin by quoting from a post to the Facebook page of the Wives and Partners of the Defence Forces, WPDF, last week:Today was a new low. I had to put water in the milk to have enough for the children. We dont even have enough for breakfast for all. I am on leave but I am gonna go into the barracks, throw on a uniform and sneak in the cookhouse to grab some free lunch and hopefully I'll...”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (11 Jul 2019)
“I also wish every person who works in this place, all the staff, the best possible summer holiday. Last Thursday the Dáil voted by 73 votes to 39 for a motion opposing closure of the Cork mail centre and in support of saving the 240 jobs there. The overwhelming vote was supported by Deputies of 11 different parties or groups and was opposed by members of two. The motion called on...”
- Brexit Contingency Action Plan: Statements (11 Jul 2019)
“When a country is the victim of a big external shock, it needs to respond and there are always choices in how it might respond. During the Second World War, for example, many countries, even those within the framework of capitalism, decided that a high degree of nationalisation, coupled with increased welfare provisions for the population, was the best way to deal with the crisis. In...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 108 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 56 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 11 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Mick Barry speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 301 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)