This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements, Ministerial Meetings, Northern Ireland Issues, Strategic Communications Unit, Brexit Issues
(based on written questions asked by Micheál Martin and answered by departments)
- Post-European Council: Statements (18 Dec 2019)
“Last week’s summit discussed many topics but delivered very little progress. It was in many ways a summit about beginning the transition to the slightly revised agenda introduced by the new presidents of the Council and the Commission and continued shadow-boxing over profound issues that must be resolved in the coming year. Europe has been a world leader on climate change. It has...”
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed): EU Issues (18 Dec 2019)
“I did not expect us to take these questions either.”
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed): Ministerial Travel (18 Dec 2019)
“That is outrageous carry-on.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 178 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 602 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 4 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Micheál Martin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 3368 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register