This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Grant Payments, Health Services, Social Welfare Appeals, Hospital Services
(based on written questions asked by Michael Ring and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Charities Regulation (20 Sep 2017)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 670 and 671 together. Pursuant to the Charities Act 2009 the Charities Regulator is required to be independent in the performance of its functions. It is the policy of the Charities Regulator not to comment to third parties in relation to specific applications for registration or any pre-investigation work because to divulge information to a third party...”
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Library Services Funding (20 Sep 2017)
“The provision of premises and facilities in the public library service is generally a matter for each local authority in its capacity as a library authority. Notwithstanding this, my Department is providing approximately €20m under the Libraries Capital Investment Programme 2016-2021 to support 17 priority capital projects submitted by local authorities. Funding under the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Town and Village Renewal Scheme (20 Sep 2017)
“The Government’s Action Plan for Rural Development contains a number of measures which have the objective of rejuvenating Ireland’s rural towns and villages to make them more attractive places in which to live and work, and to increase their tourism potential. An enhanced Town and Village Renewal Scheme was launched on 13th April last, with a focus on improving the economic...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 145 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Ring speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 520 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register