This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Grant Payments, Health Services, Social Welfare Appeals, Hospital Services
(based on written questions asked by Michael Ring and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Library Services Funding (19 Apr 2018)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 325 and 326 together. The delivery of public library services is generally a matter for each local authority in its capacity as a library authority under the Local Government Act 2001. Accordingly, funding for the management and development of library services in Galway City and Galway County is primarily a matter for those local authorities. Details of the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Departmental Funding (19 Apr 2018)
“Funding may be available through my Department’s Town and Village Renewal Scheme and the LEADER Programme to voluntary or community groups who wish to establish a community or sports hall in their area. The Town and Village Renewal Scheme was launched in 2016, with funding of €10 million allocated for that year. An enhanced Town and Village Renewal scheme was announced in...”
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Community Banking (18 Apr 2018)
“The Programme for a Partnership Government includes a commitment to investigate a new model of community banking for Ireland, including an investigation of the German Sparkassen model for the development of local public banks that operate within well-defined regions. A project team comprising officials from my Department and the Department of Finance was established last year to progress...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 23 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Ring speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 547 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register