This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Michael Ring TD
- Fine Gael TD for Mayo
- Email me whenever Michael Ring speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Grant Payments, Health Services, Social Welfare Appeals, Passport Services
(based on written questions asked by Michael Ring and answered by departments)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions: Rural Schemes (23 May 2023)
“I agree with Deputy Ó Cuív. This has been one of the best schemes that has ever been introduced by a Government. I have just taken a note of what they are actually earning per week, which is €27.50. They actually do more work in rural areas than the county councils. I am asking the Minister of State to do what has to be done immediately. When officials get at reviews...”
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions: Social Welfare Benefits (23 May 2023)
“Briefly, I want to first compliment the Minister on targeting children. One thing she has done since she became Minister is target schemes and found funding, particularly for families who are in great difficulty. I must compliment her on that. Like the two previous speakers, however, I would like her to look, as she said she would, at ways and means, even if this did not mean extending it...”
- Hospital Waiting Lists: Motion [Private Members] (23 May 2023)
“I thank the Deputy. The next grouping is the Independent Group. I call Deputy Connolly.”
More of Michael Ring's recent appearances
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 25 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 598 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Ring speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 718 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register