This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Medicinal Products Reimbursement, Hospital Appointments Status, Primary Care Centres Provision, Hospital Services, Health Services Provision
(based on written questions asked by Michael Harty and answered by departments)
- Defence Forces: Motion [Private Members] (12 Jun 2019)
“I wish to illustrate the issue of the disparity in pay and conditions between the Defence Forces and An Garda Síochána, in particular in how they were treated during the recent visit of President Trump to Shannon and Doonbeg, to which Deputy Mattie McGrath has referred. For a 24-hour shift, members of the Defence Forces received an additional €20 per day, after tax, as part...”
- Death of Former Members: Expressions of Sympathy (12 Jun 2019)
“I pay tribute to the former Deputy, John Browne. He was a native of my own parish of Kilmihil in County Clare. In fact, when I look out my breakfast room window in the morning, I see his home across the valley. I knew John very well and I particularly know his daughter, Carmel, who is the principal of the primary school in Kilmihil. I had the pleasure of meeting Carmel here in the company...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Health: Business of Joint Committee (12 Jun 2019)
“We have a quorum. I propose we deal with housekeeping matters in private session.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 103 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 126 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 13 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Harty speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 161 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)