This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Education and Training Provision, Public Procurement Contracts, School Transport, Strategy for Renewable Energy, Health Insurance Regulation
(based on written questions asked by Michael Collins and answered by departments)
- Motor Insurance Costs: Motion (16 Feb 2017)
“The increase in motor insurance prices over the past three years is unjustified and unsustainable. It is placing major financial stress on citizens and businesses. Up to July 2016, motor insurance costs have increased by 30% year-on-year. The CSO figures over a three-year cycle show increases in the range of 70%. In some cases, insurance premiums and quotes have risen by as much as 200%...”
- Written Answers — Department of Social Protection: Defined Benefit Pension Schemes (14 Feb 2017)
“290. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Social Protection if he is putting any protections in place for employees on a defined benefit pension scheme whose employers are trying to move to a defined contribution scheme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [7109/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospital Staff (14 Feb 2017)
“348. To ask the Minister for Health if his attention has been drawn to the under-staffing in Cork University Hospital, which is resulting in bed shortages and cancellations of elective surgeries; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6654/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 54 committee discussions and Dáil debates since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- Has received answers to 51 written questions since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 11 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Collins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 34 times in debates.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)