This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Education and Training Provision, Medical Card Eligibility, Strategy for Renewable Energy, Leader Programmes Funding, Youth Services Funding
(based on written questions asked by Michael Collins and answered by departments)
- Questions on Promised Legislation (12 Jul 2018)
“Two recent reports, one by MEPs on the European Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development and the other by DG SANTE, found that Brazilian beef does not have the same traceability standards as EU produce. As a result of these reports, it is crystal clear that the Mercosur countries are failing to meet EU standards on fundamental issues of food safety and traceability. There...”
- Health (General Practitioner Service) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Second and Subsequent Stages (11 Jul 2018)
“Many people might remember last December, watching in horror the RTÉ "Prime Time" programme, "Carers in Crisis". We saw thousands of people all over the country dedicating their entire lives to looking after loved ones who were unable to care for themselves. In many cases, carers themselves were in ill health. Becoming a carer for a loved one is a life-changing experience. Each day...”
- Implications of Brexit for Irish Ports: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (11 Jul 2018)
“I welcome the opportunity to speak on this motion. We need to ensure that not only is Ireland's economic growth increasing but that it is spread equally across the country to areas such as west Cork. Our ports, including the ports in Cork, are vital to our economic growth. We need to maintain strong competitive transport links with the rest of the EU to secure Ireland's economic future....”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 170 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 35 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Collins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 151 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)