This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Passport Services, Abortion Services, Forestry Sector, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports, Covid-19 Pandemic
(based on written questions asked by Michael Collins and answered by departments)
- RTÉ: Statements (28 Feb 2024)
“There are two sides to this story, which I will tell the Minister. We are aware of the debacle and the scandals going on with RTÉ. To be honest I do not know where it is going. As far as the public is concerned it is going nowhere. The public have lost complete confidence. I will take you all back a little bit to 1970, when a transmitter and antenna on a wooden pole was erected...”
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (28 Feb 2024)
“The cost-of-living increases have pushed many families to the edge every week. VAT on hospitality has had a shockingly negative impact on businesses, with cafes, pubs and restaurants closing one by one, as our Government stands idly by, not even providing a sympathetic ear. On 31 March, the excise duty on fuel is going to jump the price of fuel up. For the working father and mother or...”
- Protection of Employees (Trade Union Subscriptions) Bill 2024: Second Stage [Private Members] (28 Feb 2024)
“The proposed Bill will impose an administrative burden on employers, including those running small businesses. They will need to manage the deduction and remittance of trade union subscriptions, maintain open lines of communication with employees in trade unions or potentially face legal consequences. Not only will this increase the cost of doing business here, it will also push up the cost...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 160 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 57 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Collins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 906 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)