This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Passport Services, Abortion Services, Forestry Sector, Covid-19 Pandemic, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports
(based on written questions asked by Michael Collins and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (29 Sep 2022)
“Over the past number of months, like many other Deputies in the Chamber, we have met different sectors in respect of the budget. One of these which stood out clearly to me to be struggling was the hotel sector. In west Cork, I met the owners of the Emmet Hotel, the Fernhill House and Gardens Hotel in Clonakilty, and the Celtic Ross Hotel in Rosscarbery. These are brilliant, grand, family...”
- Financial Resolutions 2022 - Financial Resolution No. 6 – General (Resumed) (28 Sep 2022)
“It would be wrong of me to come in here and condemn the budget from start to finish. There were positive points in respect of the VAT rate, the availability of defibrillators, free schoolbooks for primary school students and the 0% VAT rate for newspapers. Those are positive steps in the right direction. There are, however, many weaknesses in this budget that need to be exposed. I have...”
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (28 Sep 2022)
“Only three weeks ago, the Mental Health Commission report on the mental health unit at Bantry General Hospital instructed the closure of one quarter of its beds; a loss of seven beds in total. This would have been a devastating blow to mental services in west Cork that serve from Kinsale to Ardrum and parts of County Kerry. The report by the Mental Health Commission recommended the closure...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 212 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 148 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Collins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 714 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)