This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Medical Cards, Departmental Funding, Grant Payments, Residency Permits
(based on written questions asked by Mattie McGrath and answered by departments)
- Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) (19 Jun 2018)
“I am delighted to be back here this evening. I thank the officials and the Chair for allowing me to come back in. We have come to the Minister, Deputy Ross, numerous times on this Bill. Ar an gcéad dul síos, ba mhaith liom a rá, the reason we are back here is that the Bill was recommitted and the reason for that is the approach of the Minister. The Attorney General...”
- Apology for Persons Convicted of Consensual Same-Sex Sexual Acts: Motion (19 Jun 2018)
“I am happy to make a few brief remarks on this motion. I support the idea of a State apology for past wrongs committed in its name. The State has many things to apologise for. Perhaps the Taoiseach is trying to emulate the late Pope, St. John Paul the Great, who in 2000 made an international plea for forgiveness for the wrongs committed in the name of the church. It seems the State is...”
- Order of Business (19 Jun 2018)
“The programme for Government contains a commitment to improving the provision of mental health services. Tipperary, the county I represent, does not have one mental health bed. When will the Taoiseach cry "halt"? What does it mean when Dr. John Hillery, a consultant psychiatrist and president of the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland, says that he has been forced to resign his role within...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 363 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 363 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 13–14 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 37 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Mattie McGrath speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1338 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register