This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, Hospital Facilities, Hospital Services, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports, Institutes of Technology
(based on written questions asked by Matt Shanahan and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (15 Jun 2021)
“Why do we still need public ownership of Shannon development? Should the Western Development Commission still get more than €2 million of public money year after year on the nod, to add to its €72 million investment portfolio? The regional problems those organisations set out to address are fully resolved. One might question if they are now victims of their own success. It...”
- Mental Health During and Post Covid-19: Statements (3 Jun 2021)
“Covid-19 has wreaked havoc on the psychological well-being of many in our society. In many cases it has been indiscriminate to age, gender or financial standing. We have all had to accept the necessity of business restrictions and lockdowns at the early stages of the pandemic but the effects of constant isolation, financial pressures, sickness, and loss has taken a significant toll on many...”
- Health and Criminal Justice (Covid-19) (Amendment) Bill 2021: Committee and Remaining Stages (2 Jun 2021)
“I do not propose to take up the House's time for very long. I am speaking in support of amendments Nos. 2 and 51 put forward by the Regional Group. As Deputy Naughten said, the only reason we are here having this debate in the House is because of the sunset clause that was promoted by the Regional Group. We are discussing the need to ensure that public health, transmission and infection...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 110 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 170 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Matt Shanahan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 83 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)