This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Accommodation Provision, Hospital Groups
(based on written questions asked by Matt Shanahan and answered by departments)
- Health (Covid-19): Statements (2 Apr 2020)
“I am sharing time with Deputy Verona Murphy. I would also like to express our sincere condolences with the families that have been bereaved as a result of Covid-19 and I express our solidarity with people who are attending hospital. Public representatives have both a duty and a responsibility to represent the needs of constituents when national policy is being discussed. On the...”
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (2 Apr 2020)
“I also support the business of the Dáil to continue. It is very important that we should remember we are asking front-line health people to go in to work in the most arduous of circumstances to continue their duty. I do not think it is fair that any Member of this House should be cocooning at home. People need to remember that Teachta Dála means "messenger of the people". We...”
- European Council Meeting: Statements (5 Mar 2020)
“I acknowledge the visit of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Ireland in recent days and thank them for continuing to build on the friendship between our two countries. The warmth and generosity of spirit being shown to them by the Irish people is appropriate and underlines the close relationship our two islands share. I am sure they are aware of the economic relationships between the UK...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 committee discussions and Dáil debates since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Matt Shanahan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2 times in debates.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)