This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, Hospital Facilities, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports, Hospital Services, Vaccination Programme
(based on written questions asked by Matt Shanahan and answered by departments)
- Maritime Area Planning Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (16 Sep 2021)
“No, I am not. The Maritime Area Planning Bill is a component of the national marine planning framework designed to manage marine development. The Minister synopsised this Bill yesterday as setting out to develop and integrate the management plan for 500,000 sq. km. of our ocean and foreshore. The magnitude of the responsibility this Bill seeks to address was highlighted in the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: National Broadband Plan (16 Sep 2021)
“45. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the position in relation to the national broadband roll-out; the delays encountered; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44217/21]”
- Confidence in Minister for Foreign Affairs and Defence: Motion (15 Sep 2021)
“On the day this vote was announced, the Irish Examiner led with the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform's insistence that the Cork-Limerick motorway would be in the revised national development plan. I thought this an unsubtle wink to the people of Cork that this Government and the Minister, Deputy Coveney, had the motorway baby safely in their arms. Unfortunately, I have no babe in...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 103 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 170 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Matt Shanahan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 94 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)