This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Trade Agreements, Single Payment Scheme Applications, Hospital Services, Fallen Animal Collection Scheme, Social Welfare Appeals Waiting Times
(based on written questions asked by Matt Carthy and answered by departments)
- Social Protection (Covid-19): Statements (2 Apr 2020)
“I thank the staff in the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection and in Revenue who are dealing with the unprecedented influx of applications for new schemes in difficult circumstances, and all our public servants working at this time. Those who have had reasons to claim for these new schemes, whether it is workers applying for the pandemic unemployment payment or businesses...”
- European Council Meeting: Statements (5 Mar 2020)
“Two years ago, I was present in the European Parliament when the Taoiseach addressed Members on the future of Europe. I feared then that he had handed over a blank cheque, as he was the first European leader to commit to making an increased contribution to the EU budget, and, crucially, he did so without setting out what we would expect in return. Now, we are faced with the prospect of...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Foreign Policy (5 Mar 2020)
“41. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the efforts he has made to encourage dialogue to resolve the political impasse in Catalonia; the intervention he has made to secure the release of elected representatives currently held in custody in Spain as a result of the referendum on independence organised by the Catalan Parliament; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2922/20]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 committee discussions and Dáil debates since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions since entering the Oireachtas. No comparison to other members is shown here because this member has been in office for less than a year.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Matt Carthy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2 times in debates.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)