This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Legislative Programme, Garda Stations, Courts Service, Commencement of Legislation, Planning Issues
(based on written questions asked by Josepha Madigan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht: Deer Culls (8 Nov 2018)
“Wild deer in the State are protected under the Wildlife Acts. There is an annual Open Season during which deer can be legally shot under licence. The current hunting season or open season for deer operates generally from 1 September to the last day of February, depending on the species and gender of deer. My Department carries out localised annual deer counts on State lands...”
- Written Answers — Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht: Wildlife Conservation (8 Nov 2018)
“I would refer the Deputy to my response to Parliamentary Question 218 of 11 October 2018 which provided information on birds considered extinct or under threat. My Department, in conjunction with other bodies and experts, reviews the current knowledge on the status of species in reports called “Red Lists”. These are drawn up to internationally agreed standards, and are...”
- Written Answers — Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht: Wildlife Data (8 Nov 2018)
“The Irish hare Lepus timidus is considered to be widespread and numerous in Ireland. The national population is known to fluctuate between years depending on annual breeding success. A national hare survey, funded by my Department, is underway across Ireland at present. The survey is using hundreds of cameras deployed across all habitat types and in every county of Ireland. Image...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 12 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Josepha Madigan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 105 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)