This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Capital Expenditure Programme, Departmental Bodies, Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Board, Student Grant Scheme Eligibility
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan O'Brien and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions: National Development Plan (20 Jun 2019)
“10. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform the capital projects that are to be delayed or deferred in the years of the National Development Plan 2018-2027 as a result of cost overruns such as the national children’s hospital and national broadband plan which the Irish Fiscal Advisory Council, IFAC, calculate could reduce funding for capital projects by as much as...”
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions: Cross-Border Projects (20 Jun 2019)
“The subject matter of Question No. 10 has been flogged to death already so I am happy to allow other Members to contribute.”
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions: Project Ireland 2040 Funding (20 Jun 2019)
“What we are saying, therefore, is that all the projects that have been publicised will go ahead unless there are delays for reasons other than budgetary ones, such as delays in planning or delays associated with a project just not being ready to commence. Based on what the Minister is saying, all the projects announced will go ahead and none will be cut or postponed for budgetary reasons....”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 96 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 222 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Jonathan O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 465 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register