This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Student Grant Scheme Eligibility, Departmental Bodies, Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Board, School Curriculum
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan O'Brien and answered by departments)
- An Bille um an Séú Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht 2018: An Dara Céim - Thirty-sixth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2018: Second Stage (9 Mar 2018)
“I welcome the opportunity to speak on this Bill. I pay tribute to the Minister for Health, Deputy Harris, for ensuring that it was debated at the earliest opportunity. As he said in his own contribution this morning, it is unusual for us to be here on a Friday, but I do not believe that anybody in this House or in the Oireachtas had any complaints about sitting today to begin this debate on...”
- Public Accounts Committee: Business of Committee (8 Mar 2018)
“Yesterday, the Taoiseach said he would appear before the Oireachtas Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach and deal with this matter as part of the Estimates for his Department. That is a red herring. Perhaps the Taoiseach needs to learn exactly what the Committee of Public Accounts does, as opposed to sectoral committees. He will only discuss the...”
- Public Accounts Committee: Vote 34: Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government (8 Mar 2018)
“I welcome the officials. This is my first Committee of Public Accounts meeting and I wish it was my last.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 71 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 252 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Jonathan O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 418 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register