This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects, Banking Sector Regulation, Grant Payments, Forestry Sector, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by John Paul Phelan and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions: Social Welfare Eligibility (25 Nov 2021)
“9. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if she will report on changes to the carer’s allowance announced in budget 2022; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [57544/21]”
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: Social Welfare Payments (25 Nov 2021)
“18. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the status of the Christmas bonus; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [57543/21]”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Domestic Violence (25 Nov 2021)
“164. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality her views on the introduction of new criminal legislation to tackle domestic, sexual and gender-based violence. [57821/21]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 75 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 29 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 276 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register