This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Banking Sector Regulation, Grant Payments, Schools Building Projects, Schools Building Projects Status, Ambulance Service Staff
(based on written questions asked by John Paul Phelan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Local Authority Functions (12 Mar 2019)
“Following enactment of the Local Government Act 2019, in January 2019, the Regulations to prescribe how ballots to change a place-name are to be conducted by a local authority or municipal district are at an advanced stage of preparation and should be complete shortly.”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Local Government Reform (12 Mar 2019)
“Plebiscites for directly elected mayors, with executive functions, will be held at the same time as the local elections, in respect of Cork City Council, Limerick City and County Council and Waterford City and County Council. Detailed proposals regarding the plebiscites, including the proposed functions of the mayor, will be submitted to Government for approval shortly and a public...”
- Seanad: European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2019: Second Stage (6 Mar 2019)
“As Senators will be aware, a decision on the number of representatives to be elected to the European Parliament in each member state for the upcoming parliamentary term was made by the European Council on 28 June 2018. That Council decision, establishing the composition of the European Parliament, provides for 13 Members to be elected in Ireland for the parliamentary term, up from 11 seats...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 56 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 227 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register