This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Banking Sector Regulation, Grant Payments, Schools Building Projects, Schools Building Projects Status, Ambulance Service Staff
(based on written questions asked by John Paul Phelan and answered by departments)
- Financial Resolutions 2019 - Financial Resolution No. 4: General (Resumed) (11 Oct 2018)
“I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Finian McGrath, for sharing his time to allow me to contribute on budget 2019 with regard to local government. A significant increase of €60 million, from €125 million to €185 million, in direct support by the Government has been provided for in the budget for 2019. As with most other Departments, much of the expenditure relates to...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Local Authority Assets (10 Oct 2018)
“Section 183 of the Local Government Act 2001 provides that the proposed disposal of any land which is held by a local authority shall be carried out by resolution of the elected members of the local authority.”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Local Authority Expenditure (10 Oct 2018)
“Section 135 of the Local Government Act 2001 provides that before the start of each local financial year the chief executive shall prepare and submit to the elected council a report indicating the programme of capital projects proposed by the local authority for the forthcoming and the following two local financial years having regard to the availability of resources. This report may be...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 179 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register