This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Banking Sector Regulation, Grant Payments, Schools Building Projects, Schools Building Projects Status, Ambulance Service Staff
(based on written questions asked by John Paul Phelan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Commissioner of Valuation (22 May 2019)
“The Commissioner of Valuation is independent in the performance of his statutory functions and the setting of valuations for rating is his sole responsibility. I have no function in relation to decisions in this regard. The Valuation Office is currently engaged in a national revaluation programme, on a phased basis, the first revaluation of that scale,...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: European Parliament Elections (21 May 2019)
“The Electoral Acts provide that every notice, bill, poster or similar document, having reference to an election or distributed for the purpose of furthering a particular candidate at an election, is required to bear upon its face the name and address of the printer and of the publisher thereof. The Electoral Acts do not regulate the content of electoral material, including election...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Mayoral Election (21 May 2019)
“In accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2019, plebiscites are taking place on 24 May 2019 in respect of Cork City Council, Limerick City and County Council and Waterford City and County Council, on the Government's proposal for directly elected mayors with executive functions. The Government's proposal is outlined in its policy paper, 'Directly elected mayors with...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 61 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 235 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register