This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Banking Sector Regulation, Grant Payments, Schools Building Projects, Forestry Sector, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by John Paul Phelan and answered by departments)
- Common Agricultural Policy: Statements (16 Jun 2021)
“I find myself in the rare position of not only sharing time with Deputy Ó Cuív but also of agreeing with a few of his points. From first-hand experience, I am aware of what has happened to some of those involved in intensive farming, particularly farmers with dry stock, as a result of the fact that prices in the beef sector had been low until recently. Those in this group who were...”
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (15 Jun 2021)
“908. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the number of artists that have qualified to date for State supports under the various Covid-19 pandemic support schemes; the full breakdown of those qualifying by heading; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [31602/21]”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Probate Applications (15 Jun 2021)
“1107. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the reason the fees imposed on personal applicants in respect of probate applications is far greater than the amount which solicitors are charged; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [30677/21]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 committee discussions and Dáil debate in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 72 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 29 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 273 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register