This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Banking Sector Regulation, Grant Payments, Schools Building Projects, Schools Building Projects Status, Ambulance Service Staff
(based on written questions asked by John Paul Phelan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Local Electoral Area Boundary Committee Report (15 Feb 2018)
“The recommendations of the Cork Implementation Oversight Group as contained in their Report: "Proposal for delineation of extended boundary of Cork City" have been accepted by the Government in their decision of 12 December 2017. It is my intention that reconfigured Local Electoral Areas for Cork City and County Councils will be ready for the 2019 local elections and I intend to make...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Postal Voting (15 Feb 2018)
“In order to be able to vote at elections and referendums, a person's name must be entered in the register of electors for a constituency in the State in which the person ordinarily resides. Postal voting is provided for in electoral law in respect of certain categories of persons who are entered in the register of electors. Measures to facilitate the greater participation of students in...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Local Authority Staff Recruitment (14 Feb 2018)
“I have delegated authority to the chief executive of Limerick City and County Council to fill any vacancy that arises in the context of their outdoor and indoor workforce plans. Under section 159 of the Local Government Act 2001, it is the chief executive of Limerick City and County Council who is responsible for the staffing and organisational arrangements necessary for carrying out...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 27 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 149 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register