This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 25 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Banking Sector Regulation, Grant Payments, Schools Building Projects, Schools Building Projects Status, Ambulance Service Staff
(based on written questions asked by John Paul Phelan and answered by departments)
- Local Government Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (18 Oct 2018)
“I move: "That Second Stage be taken now."”
- Local Government Bill 2018: Second Stage (18 Oct 2018)
“I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Fair play to Deputy Cassells. He looks a bit windswept. The main purpose of the Bill is to alter the boundary between Cork City Council and Cork County Council and to provide for the boundary alteration arrangements and consequential matters. This revised boundary was proposed by the Cork implementation oversight group, following from...”
- Seanad: Commencement Matters: Construction Contracts (16 Oct 2018)
“I am taking this issue on behalf of my colleague, the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, Deputy Eoghan Murphy. I must clarify that the Minister and the Department are not party to any contract with MDY Construction, nor does the Minister have any responsibility for the development of the primary care centre, which forms part of the Senator's query. Delivery of social...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Paul Phelan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 180 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register