This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Medical Cards, Health Services, Hospital Waiting Lists, Social Welfare Appeals, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by John McGuinness and answered by departments)
- Civil Law and Criminal Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2020: Second Stage (30 Jul 2020)
“First, I congratulate the Minister on her appointment and wish her well in that Department, where so much reform is necessary. Given her age and energy, I have no doubt that she will be able to bring a new dynamic to the Department and, perhaps, bring about the reform that is urgently required. I ask her to examine the various inquiries that have been established but which still have not...”
- Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Covid-19) Bill 2020: Second Stage (Resumed) (30 Jul 2020)
“I welcome the Bill. I wish the Minister of State, Deputy Troy, every success on his appointment. It is good that we have someone who understands business and the difficulty of transacting business in normal times, and that he has with such speed got to the point where these changes are now being introduced as part of the new Covid-19 requirements for businesses to ensure that legally they...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: School Transport (30 Jul 2020)
“701. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills further to Parliamentary Question No. 603 of 14 July 2020, if the student will be granted a place on the school bus; if not, if a concessionary pass will be provided to them; if consideration has been given to the circumstances (details supplied); if the school transport criteria will be reviewed; if a value for money audit of the school...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 231 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John McGuinness speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 275 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register