This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects Status, Health Care Policy, Garda Deployment, Brexit Issues, Public Transport
(based on written questions asked by John Lahart and answered by departments)
- An tOrd Gnó (Atógáil) - Order of Business (Resumed) (13 Nov 2018)
“It comes under the programme for Government. Although delaying a plebiscite for the people of Dublin on whether they should choose to directly elect a mayor, and in doing so reversing previous commitments given by the Tánaiste, the Taoiseach has agreed and committed to constituting a special citizens' assembly of Dubliners. We welcome this measure if only for the reason that such a...”
- Apprenticeships: Motion [Private Members] (7 Nov 2018)
“I commend Deputy Thomas Byrne for bringing this motion forward. There is a real passion on this side of the House for apprenticeships. I raised it when I was first elected in 2014 at a time when the Troika was running the country and I thought there were Ministers who would not have had an awful lot to do and apprenticeships was an obvious area on which to expend some serious energy to...”
- Sale of Illicit Goods Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (24 Oct 2018)
“I am happy to put my name to this Bill, as brought forward and initiated by my colleague Deputy Breathnach, and I commend him on so doing. It is bizarre to think that so many years after the Good Friday Agreement, we are still talking about the illicit sale of alcohol, tobacco and fuel. While there are many crossing points on the Border, which have been much talked about this past year in...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 89 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 259 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Lahart speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 87 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)