This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Semi-State Sector Remuneration, Hospital Waiting Lists, Hospital Staff, Anti-Social Behaviour
(based on written questions asked by John Halligan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Post-Leaving Certificate Courses (12 Jul 2018)
“The McIver Report, which was a review the PLC programme, contained 21 over-arching recommendations, which incorporated 91 sub-recommendations. It was estimated at the time, in consultation with management and staff interests, that the recommendations for staffing would involve at a minimum the creation of at least 800 new posts at a cost of over €48 million....”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: National Training Fund (12 Jul 2018)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 153, 154, 179 and 180 together. Skillnets Ireland Ltd, established in 1999, is an enterprise-led body funded through the National Training Fund (NTF) to provide companies with new opportunities to develop relevant, effective answers to their training and development needs. Skillnet Ireland is funded through the National Training Fund (NTF) to act...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Apprenticeship Data (12 Jul 2018)
“I propose to task Questions Nos. 170, 171 and 174 together. The information requested by the Deputy is set out on the attached tabular statements. Please note that SOLAS captures apprentice population figures for end of each year and year-to-date only and therefore June 2017 figures are not available at this time. Apprentice Registrations 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 YTD*...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever John Halligan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 315 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register