This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Special Educational Needs
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
- Financial Resolutions 2021 - Financial Resolution No. 2: General (Resumed) (14 Oct 2021)
“Tugaim aitheantas don Rialtas faoin mbuiséad. B'fhéidir go bhfuil an buiséad forásach. Cinnte tá deacrachtaí ann ó thaobh na dúshláin, na deacrachtaí agus na fadhbanna atá i gceist sa tír seo faoi láthair maidir le costais. Mar shampla, luaim fuinneamh agus na rudaí atá daoine ag fáil ó lá go lá....”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on European Union Affairs: Business of Joint Committee (13 Oct 2021)
“Apologies have been received from Deputy Haughey and Senator Keogan. We will now go into private session.”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on European Union Affairs: State of the Union 2021: Discussion (13 Oct 2021)
“Ar son a choiste ba mhaith liom fáilte a ghabháil roimh an Uasal Barbara Nolan agus Uasal Jonathan Claridge of the European Commission Representation in Ireland. Before beginning there are some housekeeping matters and the privilege notice. All witnesses are reminded of the long-standing parliamentary practice that they should not criticise or make charges against any person or...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 59 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 83 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 743 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register