This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Telecommunications Services
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
- Proposal re European Travel Information and Authorisation System: Referral to Joint Committee (21 Sep 2017)
“I move:That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of freedom, security and justice annexed to the Treaty on European Union and to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, to take part in the adoption and application of the...”
- An Bille um an gCúigiú Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht (Ceart chun Tithíochta), 2017: An Dara Céim (Atógáil) [Comhaltaí Príobháideacha] - Thirty-fifth Amendment of the Constitution (Right to Housing) Bill 2017: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (21 Sep 2017)
“No, I would like to withdraw it.”
- Broadcasting Act 2009 (Designation of Major Events) Order 2017: Referral to Joint Committee (20 Sep 2017)
“I move:That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following draft Order:Broadcasting Act 2009 (Designation of Major Events) Order 2017,copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on 22nd June, 2017, be referred to the Joint Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment, in accordance with Standing Order 84A(4)(k), which, not later than 12th October,...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 37 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 360 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register