This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Telecommunications Services
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Schools Building Projects Status (13 Dec 2018)
“It is not intended that the school will be housed within the existing permanent accommodation on site which is a third level college facility. The intention is to phase the construction of the new school building so as to provide access to newly built permanent accommodation for September 2019 The School Building project when complete will provide a new 16 classroom school plus ancillary...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Autism Support Services (13 Dec 2018)
“Details of all special classes for children with special educational needs, in county order, are available on the NCSE website at the following link: . The National Council for Special Education (NCSE) is responsible for the establishment of special class and special school placements in various geographical areas where there is an identified need, in consultation with the relevant education...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Language Schools Closures (13 Dec 2018)
“On Monday 3rd December 2018 my Department was informed of the closure of the school referred to by the Deputy. This school was a private English language school. The relationship between teachers and private providers of education is based on a private contract and issues relating to working conditions including payment are a matter between the two parties and do not come...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 104 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 42 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 490 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register