This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Telecommunications Services
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Schools Building Projects Status (11 Jul 2019)
“The building project referred to by the Deputy is being delivered by my Department's 2020 Design and Build programme under the National Development Plan. The first step in the process will be the application for planning permission which is expected to be lodged in quarter 3 of 2019. Thereafter, the timeframe for delivery of the school will be dependent on the grant of planning...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Cyber Security Protocols (11 Jul 2019)
“The Department implements multiple cybersecurity protocols and measures including User Awareness, Perimeter Security, Anti-virus/Anti-Malware, Email and Web filtering, System Patching, Risk Management, Policies, Regular Vulnerability Assessments/Pentration Testing, Mobile Device Management, Access Management, Incident Management, Event Monitoring, Information Security Governance, GDPR...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Autism Support Services (11 Jul 2019)
“This Government is spending nearly one euro in every five of the education budget on special education – about €1.9 billion in 2019. This includes an allocation of over €300 million towards providing additional resources specifically to support students with Autism in schools. The number of Special Education Teachers has increased by 37% from 9,740 in 2011 to over...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 69 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 585 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register