This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Telecommunications Services
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
No data to display.
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 137 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 429 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register