This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Telecommunications Services
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
- Coronavirus: Statements (5 Mar 2020)
“Gabhaim buíochas leis an gCeann Comhairle. I dtús báire, ba mhaith liom aitheantas a ghabháil leis na príomhoidí uile, na tuismitheoirí, na daltaí scoile, na déagóirí agus an méid scoileanna atá i gceist maidir leis an tionchar suntasach atá i gceist leis na cásanna Covid-19. Chomh maith leis sin, ba mhaith liom...”
- Establishment of Standing Order 131 Select Committee: Motion (5 Mar 2020)
“I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders— (1) the Whips and other nominees shall appoint sixteen members to the Select Committee standing established under Standing Order 131 (which shall be called the Standing Order 131 Select Committee); (2) a Minister or Minister of State shall announce the names of the members appointed under paragraph (1) for the information...”
- Standing Orders 30, 100, 118A, 119, 120, 173, 178 and 219, and membership of the Committee on Standing Orders and Dáil Reform: Motion (5 Mar 2020)
“I move: That– (1) the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business are amended with immediate effect— (a) by the adoption of the following new Standing Order: '118A. (1) There shall stand established, following the reassembly of the Dáil subsequent to a General Election, a Committee, which shall be called the Committee on Standing Orders and...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 57 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 656 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register