This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Special Educational Needs
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine: Fishing Industry (23 Jun 2021)
“311. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if he will intervene regarding recent changes in mackerel licences for small fisherman in view of investments made ranging from €10,000 to €15,000 and time spent in fisheries school in Greencastle; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [33801/21]”
- Written Answers — Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine: Harbours and Piers (17 Jun 2021)
“398. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if there are funding pathways open to Rathmullan Pier to apply for funding through his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32590/21]”
- Pyrite and Mica Redress Issues: Motion [Private Members] (15 Jun 2021)
“I thank the Minister, Deputy Darragh O'Brien, for meeting the Mica Action Group today, including Paddy Diver, Ann Owens, Eileen Doherty and Michael Doherty. I also could mention Councillor Martin McDermott and Eamonn Jackson. I also thank Deputy Mac Lochlainn and his colleagues for putting down this motion tonight and keeping this issue on the radar. Today was an important day, as the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 45 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 114 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 735 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register