This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Donegal
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Services, Tax Code, Health Services, Departmental Expenditure, Special Educational Needs
(based on written questions asked by Joe McHugh and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Schools Site Acquisitions (30 Jul 2020)
“632. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the three school campus in Buncrana, County Donegal; when it is envisaged that Donegal County Council will complete negotiations with the land owner; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [19550/20]”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Special Educational Needs (28 Jul 2020)
“547. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the summer provision programme; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [19114/20]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Primary Care Centres (28 Jul 2020)
“966. To ask the Minister for Health if the appropriate policy is in place for utilising primary health centres for urology procedures; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18313/20]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joe McHugh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 726 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register