This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Tax Code, Departmental Expenditure, Decentralisation Programme, Departmental Staff, Pupil-Teacher Ratio
(based on written questions asked by Joan Burton and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Voluntary Sector Funding (13 Mar 2019)
“325. To ask the Minister for Rural and Community Development his plans regarding the 12 volunteer centres for 2019 for which the allocations were significantly below an amount in a particular centre (details supplied); the options under consideration to ensure these centres are sufficiently funded; if the necessary funding will be granted; and the timeframe in which a decision may be reached....”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach: A Future Framework for Accountability in the Banking Sector: Discussion (12 Mar 2019)
“I welcome the witnesses. I cannot quite grasp what Mr. Tobin means by "culture". It sounds very nice but my experience is that a financial institution is usually a very powerful one and individual customers, whether a single person taking out his or her first mortgage or a couple buying a house, are very much at a disadvantage. Years ago, the culture was such that a person could barely get...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 187 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 633 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 9 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Joan Burton speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2401 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register