This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Garda Data, Garda Reserve, Garda Transport Data, Garda Recruitment, Garda Strength
(based on written questions asked by Jim O'Callaghan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Garda Data (21 Jun 2018)
“116. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the number of assaults perpetrated against members of An Garda Síochána in the course of their duties in each of the past ten years; the number of successful prosecutions for such assaults in the same period; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [27296/18]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Health Services Data (21 Jun 2018)
“163. To ask the Minister for Health the number of sexual assault treatment units here; the location of each unit; the opening hours of each unit; the location to which complainants are brought if the closest unit is not open at the time a complaint is made; if consideration has been given to opening each unit on a 24 hour basis seven days a week; and if he will make a statement on the matter....”
- Apology for Persons Convicted of Consensual Same-Sex Sexual Acts: Motion (19 Jun 2018)
“The criminalisation of homosexual activity has had a long and cruel history. The Taoiseach referred to Victorian statutes but it went back further than that. In 1533, Henry VIII first made homosexual activity an offence, punishable by death. It was first made a criminal offence in Ireland during the reign of Charles I and was punishable by death on conviction. It was not until 1828 that...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 115 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 401 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Jim O'Callaghan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 202 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)