This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Hospital Services, Special Educational Needs, Schools Building Projects, Health Service Staff
(based on written questions asked by Jan O'Sullivan and answered by departments)
- Citizens' Assemblies Bill 2019 [Seanad]: Second and Subsequent Stages (11 Jul 2019)
“I will be brief. This is a fairly simple Bill, primarily facilitating the use of the register of electors for selection of certain Citizens' Assemblies. This is fairly straightforward but I will say a few words about the concept from the perspective of somebody who was a member of the Oireachtas Joint Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution. We had some doubts about the...”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh (Atógáil) - Questions on Promised Legislation (Resumed) (11 Jul 2019)
“As a former Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government the Tánaiste will know very well that the Irish League of Credit Unions has wanted to invest in building houses for some time. In fact the Tánaiste incorporated this into his own Rebuilding Ireland programme. The league's members have €750 million ready to go straight away but they need a special...”
- Written Answers — Department of Children and Youth Affairs: School Discipline (11 Jul 2019)
“854. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if her attention has been drawn to the fact that the 2008 guidelines on reduced timetables in schools deem a reduced timetable to be a suspension; if in such circumstances it should be reported to Tusla; if she will engage with the Department of Education and Skills in order that schools can be informed of their obligations in this...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 84 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 273 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 13 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Jan O'Sullivan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1119 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register