This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Holly Cairns TD
- Social Democrats TD for Cork South West
- Entered the Dáil on 9 February 2020 — General election
- Email me whenever Holly Cairns speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, Social Media, Disability Services, Health Services, Fishing Industry
(based on written questions asked by Holly Cairns and answered by departments)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Nature Restoration Law and Irish Agriculture: Statements (31 May 2023)
“A lot of the debate on this entire issue has been an exercise in grandstanding. Some politicians have seized on the nature restoration law and blatantly stoked up fears for their own benefit - not just Opposition parties and Independents but also Government backbenchers. Of course, they will have to try to be in favour of it in principle to tick the environmental credentials box, while...”
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (31 May 2023)
“The census revealed a sharp drop in the proportion of the population who view themselves as Catholic. Between 2016 and 2022, it fell from 79% to 69%. There was also a 62% increase in the number who said they had no religion. We all know people who kind of go along with it and baptise their children to get them into a particular school or so they are not left out of communion; the figures...”
- Home Ownership: Motion [Private Members] (31 May 2023)
“I thank Deputy Cian O'Callaghan and his team for their work on this motion. The Government claims to prioritise homeownership. It is a brazen claim, and one which I do not think anyone really believes. The reality is that for every year that Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael spend in office, rates of homeownership decline. Do not take my word for it. The latest evidence of the Government's...”
More of Holly Cairns's recent appearances
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 157 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 1162 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 10 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Holly Cairns speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 300 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)