This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Appointments to State Boards, Hospital Services, Hospital Waiting Lists, Services for People with Disabilities, Northern Ireland Issues
(based on written questions asked by Gerry Adams and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh (Atógáil) - Questions on Promised Legislation (Resumed) (11 Jul 2019)
“The programme for Government commits to improving the quality of life for our younger and older people in the most disadvantaged communities. We all know that these communities consist of wonderful people who are under great social and economic pressures. We also know that suicide is a major issue in our society. There is a particular cluster of suicides in Dundalk, in Cox's Demesne and...”
- Brexit Contingency Action Plan: Statements (11 Jul 2019)
“Whether it is Mr. Johnson or Mr. Hunt who wins the contest to be the next British Prime Minister there is little to suggest that we can avoid a UK crash out of the EU. As we all knew, and as Sinn Féin has consistently warned, the consequences of this for the Good Friday Agreement and for the restoration of the political institutions in the North are not good. The power sharing...”
- EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement: Motion [Private Members] (10 Jul 2019)
“Today, farmers were outside the gates of Leinster House protesting against the EU-Mercosur deal. Yesterday, the IFA held a briefing on the trade deal, the crisis in farm incomes, the adverse effect of Brexit and climate change. There are farmers in the Public Gallery, including some from Louth. They are all appalled by this deal. There is agreement among all the main farming...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 367 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Gerry Adams speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1407 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register