This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, State Examinations, Special Educational Needs, School Staff, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports
(based on written questions asked by Gary Gannon and answered by departments)
- Social Welfare (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2023: Second Stage (23 Nov 2023)
“I thank the Minister for introducing the Bill. Given the surplus of resources the Government was faced with entering this term, budget 2024 should have heralded real change. It should have looked to the future, tackling inequality that has become entrenched. It could have addressed the chronic underfunding of public services, bringing them up to, at the very least, European standards....”
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (23 Nov 2023)
“Another position previously held by the Government and which it now seems to have stepped away from is state recognition for Palestine. Next Wednesday marks the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. The Tánaiste was asked as early as September when the Government would take the decision to recognise Palestine. He said he would do so but would wait until it would...”
- Consultative Forum on International Security Policy Report: Statements (22 Nov 2023)
“In terms of the Tánaiste's position, where we differ is that he offers words but in terms of the Middle East conflict, we want him to go forward and offer actions. That is where we have diverged. I have highlighted examples of people from the Tánaiste's own party that I have admiration for, including Mr. Frank Aiken-----”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 116 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 191 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 10 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Gary Gannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 292 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)