This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Dublin Mid West
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Labour Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Frances Fitzgerald speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Children in Care
(based on written questions asked by Frances Fitzgerald and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation: Commencement of Legislation (11 Sep 2017)
“The Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (Commencement) Order 2017 (S.I. 246 of 2017) and the Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (Commencement) (No. 2) Order 2017 (S.I. 250 of 2017) together commenced all sections, except for section 80, of the Companies (Accounting) Act 2017. The commencement date was 9 June 2017. The Commencement Orders provide that the Act applies to financial...”
- Written Answers — Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation: Legislative Measures (11 Sep 2017)
“Following the coming into effect of the Labour Affairs and Labour Law (Transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions) Order 2017 on 1st September last, responsibility for employment rights policy and legislation transferred to my colleague, the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection. There is no separate legal definition of the term “au...”
- Written Answers — Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation: Work Permits Appeals (11 Sep 2017)
“The Employment Permits Section informs me that the Reviewing Officer is currently examining this review and has requested additional information from the applicant. On receipt of this further information a decision will be made on this review.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 144 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 12 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Frances Fitzgerald speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1167 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register