This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Health Services, Departmental Funding, Departmental Staff, Departmental Transport
(based on written questions asked by Fergus O'Dowd and answered by departments)
- Pre-European Council Meeting: Statements (20 Oct 2021)
“I welcome this debate and the commitment by the Government to raise very important issues, such as energy prices. I welcome also the attempt throughout the EU to mitigate the impact of the price fluctuations and huge increases on vulnerable citizens and businesses. I am all for dealing with climate change, but I am concerned there is a rip-off in this country, especially in the sale of...”
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (19 Oct 2021)
“Sixteen years after Leas Cross, seven years after Áras Attracta, we now find sustained sexual abuse of more than 18 residents was known to the HSE for over 13 years in a particular home. Will the Taoiseach make sure mandatory reporting legislation is introduced as a matter of urgency to protect vulnerable people in homes and care situations? Will he have a public inquiry to support the...”
- Financial Resolutions 2021 - Financial Resolution No. 2: General (Resumed) (14 Oct 2021)
“I welcome this debate and budget. There are many good things in it, and I refer in particular to tangible improvements, especially for families who are caring for very sick children in acute and long-term care for a significant period of time. Up to now, you would get your three months' carer's allowance but this would be cut after three months, and your three months' domiciliary allowance...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 77 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 595 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 11 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Fergus O'Dowd speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 884 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register