This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Health Services, Departmental Funding, Departmental Staff, Covid-19 Pandemic
(based on written questions asked by Fergus O'Dowd and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (29 Nov 2023)
“To date, 9,278 citizens have died from Covid-19 in this country. Residential institutions have accounted for 28% of those deaths, or 2,642 to date. The Irish Timesreported that the Garda is investigating up to 30 nursing homes for possible gross negligence and manslaughter. The Government has promised since 2021 to have its own separate inquiry into these deaths. I appreciate that the...”
- Policing, Protests and Public Order: Statements (28 Nov 2023)
“As the grandparent of a child who is five years of age, I can understand the trauma and upset of the families concerned and all those injured. In Drogheda just over two years ago, we had a deadly drugs feud that resulted in violence, deaths and widespread fear and intimidation. The Minister responded to that in the appropriate way. Following a period of lack of interest in what was going...”
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (23 Nov 2023)
“I bring to the attention of the Government the serious crisis in child and adolescent mental health services in the Louth-Meath area. There is presently no out-of-hours service liaison for these children and adolescents. There are no plans or resources to develop such a service. There is no approved centre for child and adolescent mental health services either. A farcical situation was...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 75 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 607 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 11 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Fergus O'Dowd speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 966 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register