This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Health Services, Departmental Funding, Departmental Transport, Departmental Staff
(based on written questions asked by Fergus O'Dowd and answered by departments)
- Social Welfare, Pensions and Civil Registration Bill 2017: Second Stage (Resumed) (20 Sep 2017)
“Is ceist phráinneach í seo. Molaim an Bille. Tá gach duine ar gach taobh den Dáil i bhfabhar an méid atá ann. We are fully behind this Bill and it has cross-party support. It addresses a significant problem that could arise and has arisen in some cases. One of the provisions of this Bill will prevent employers stopping contributions to a pension scheme...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Insurance Fraud (20 Sep 2017)
“182. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will consider recommending that insurance companies show the actual cost of insurance fraud on each individual insurance premium, in view of the fact that highlighting the actual cost to a person's insurance may increase the number of persons that report insurance fraud and may help reduce the overall cost per year to insurers and customers; and if...”
- Written Answers — Department of Finance: Interest Rates (20 Sep 2017)
“183. To ask the Minister for Finance the action being taken to reduce variable interest rates in the banking sector; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39652/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 48 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 432 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 11 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Fergus O'Dowd speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 762 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register