This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Health Services, Departmental Funding, Departmental Transport, Departmental Staff
(based on written questions asked by Fergus O'Dowd and answered by departments)
- Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (6 May 2021)
“This is a most important debate, and one which we should use to enlighten people and make sure that the important points in respect of climate change are articulated and supported in a constructive engagement with all sides of this House and the community. The most important thing we can do is to educate and inform and tolerate other points of view and bring people round to understanding...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Heritage Projects (6 May 2021)
“62. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the position regarding the 12 foot medieval longboat which was discovered on the bed of the River Boyne, Drogheda in July 2007 and taken for preservation and conservation by the Department of the Environment at that time; the present location and state of preservation of the boat; if the boat can now be placed on public...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Covid-19 Tests (6 May 2021)
“168. To ask the Minister for Health the process by which companies were selected by his Department and the HSE to carry out Covid-19 testing; if a public tendering process took place; if so, the number of applicants who applied; the number that were subsequently interviewed and so on; the names of the successful companies; the amount they tendered for; the total paid to date to any such...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 86 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 568 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 11 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Fergus O'Dowd speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 865 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register