This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fianna Fail TD for Sligo-Leitrim
- Former Fianna Fail Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Changed party from Fianna Fail on 4 Aug 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Eamon Scanlon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Properties, Sports Capital Programme Applications, Hospital Services, GLAS Payments, Nursing Homes Repayment Scheme
(based on written questions asked by Eamon Scanlon and answered by departments)
- Questions on Promised Legislation (19 Apr 2018)
“Like Deputy Tony McLoughlin, I have been contacted by people about this issue. A constituent of mine invested €200,000 in a boat to ferry people to the island. There has never been an accident in the course of tourists visiting the island, nor has anybody been hurt. The landing area on Inishmurray is safer than that on Skellig Michael. It is wrong that people are being prevented...”
- Fodder Shortage: Motion [Private Members] (17 Apr 2018)
“I first raised this last November in the Dáil. At the time the Minister said in the Dáil that the Teagasc information to hand suggested there was no national fodder shortage in the country. What was a fodder shortage has become a fodder crisis. The Minister knows that I have raised this on numerous occasions in the Dáil. There is an urgent need for swift action to be...”
- Order of Business (17 Apr 2018)
“On the same issue, people who heretofore were diagnosed with cancer received a discretionary medical card for 12 months or so. Like every other Deputy, I deal with a number of clients who are cancer patients. They have applied for a medical card because they have cancer. I have dealt with cases of people who, despite having applied online, have still not achieved a result. They have been...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 57 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 252 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 13 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Eamon Scanlon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 85 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)