This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fianna Fail TD for Sligo-Leitrim
- Former Fianna Fail Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Changed party from Fianna Fail on 4 Aug 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 24 May 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 24 May 2007 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Eamon Scanlon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Properties, Nursing Homes Repayment Scheme, Laboratory Facilities, Vaccination Programme, Schools Building Projects
(based on written questions asked by Eamon Scanlon and answered by departments)
- Questions on Promised Legislation (22 Jun 2017)
“I support what Deputy Martin Kenny said. I am aware of the problem. The school transport scheme is based on regulations that were introduced 50 years ago. The system must be re-examined. Owing to the changes in how the distance between the home and the school is measured, children who have been attending schools and are taking the junior and leaving certificate examinations find that they...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Home Help Service Provision (21 Jun 2017)
“59. To ask the Minister for Health the reason behind the 14% reduction in home help hours in counties Sligo and Leitrim for January to April 2017 relative to the same period in 2016. [29079/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Pharmacy Regulations (21 Jun 2017)
“212. To ask the Minister for Health the way in which a person (details supplied) who wishes to practice as a pharmacist here demonstrates the holding of an enforceable community right; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29196/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 48 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 302 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 13 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Eamon Scanlon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 60 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)