This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): EU Directives, Departmental Expenditure, Fisheries Protection, Alternative Energy Projects, Tax Code
(based on written questions asked by Eamon Ryan and answered by departments)
- Resignation of Minister: Statements (11 Oct 2018)
“We all have personal sympathy for the former Minister, Deputy Naughten, but there was an immediate and collective realisation in this Chamber, when the Taoiseach detailed in two or three sentences four previous dinners, that this was not optics and the Minister had to resign. That is regrettable for him and his family but there was no doubt or question about that when we heard that. I do...”
- Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Statements (11 Oct 2018)
“Earlier today we expressed no confidence in the Minister but it was primarily on the matter of climate change and we did not expect him to resign today only an hour later. I am sorry I was late in coming into the Chamber because I was attending a committee meeting and asking questions about broadband of our regulator. I was looking forward to asking questions about what we are going to do...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Broadband Service Provision: Discussion (Resumed) (11 Oct 2018)
“I thank the witnesses for an interesting and useful presentation. The presentation showed the retail market becoming more competitive with a reasonable split across the five operators. As Mr. Godfrey said, Vodafone and Sky use Eir on the last mile. Do they use Eir for the backhaul as well? Are they using the entire Eir network in terms of getting that service or do they tend to separate...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 241 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 271 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Eamon Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1068 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)