This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, State Examinations, Special Educational Needs, Garda Deployment, School Meals Programme
(based on written questions asked by Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire and answered by departments)
- Child and Family Agency (Amendment) Bill 2021: Second Stage (20 Oct 2021)
“With regard to the legislation, I believe it makes sense to have these functions within the Department of Education. It is logical and the feedback I get from school completion projects and from education welfare officers is that it is logical. There are some issues and concerns that we need to watch but that is not a reason not to do it. When they were in Tusla, some education welfare...”
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Bill 2017 [Seanad]: Second Stage [Private Members] (20 Oct 2021)
“We have to fight for everything. That is the phrase I hear from every parent of a child with autism. It is the case for all the families of children with disabilities, but especially so for those families who have children with autism. They must fight for every inch, every service and every appointment. They must fight for everything. To be honest, I have not seen that change in all the...”
- Rental Sector: Motion [Private Members] (19 Oct 2021)
“It has never been great to be a renter in Ireland. These days being a renter in Ireland is like being on a treadmill in that you are trapped, stranded and handing out fortunes of money, very often for substandard accommodation and, worse, you are always in an uncertain position, subject to a notice to quit under the many loopholes throughout tenancy legislation in this State and, when you do...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 82 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 555 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 37 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 413 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)