This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Local Authority Housing, Taxi Regulations, Social and Affordable Housing Provision, Local Authority Housing Data, Health Services
(based on written questions asked by Dessie Ellis and answered by departments)
- Rental Sector: Motion [Private Members] (19 Oct 2021)
“This Government had the opportunity to seriously tackle the crisis in renting in budget 2022. However, it chose not to do so. It is hard to imagine a Government would knowingly and willfully ignore the obvious plight of thousands across the country who are forced each week to put aside greater and greater percentages of their income as they struggle to pay ever-increasing rents. While the...”
- Financial Resolutions 2021 - Financial Resolution No. 2: General (Resumed) (14 Oct 2021)
“The constituency of Dublin North-West, which I represent, is a diverse constituency with varying needs and requirements among the constituents. It has its share of social problems, yet with a sizeable population, Dublin North-West is one of the most under-resourced constituencies in the country. We have a growing young population in the constituency. With that comes a need for increased...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee On Key Issues Affecting The Traveller Community: Traveller Accommodation: Discussion (Resumed) (7 Oct 2021)
“I thank the witnesses for their presentations. When was Cena established? I had a look at the summary map and there are approximately nine areas where Traveller housing is being built by Cena. I acknowledge the definition of Cena and that it is as an AHB. It is great that it is engaging and working with Travellers on the work that needs to be done. There is a problem regarding...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 41 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 40 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Dessie Ellis speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 541 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register