This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Local Authority Housing, Taxi Regulations, Social and Affordable Housing Provision, Local Authority Housing Data, Public Transport
(based on written questions asked by Dessie Ellis and answered by departments)
- Estimates for Public Services 2020 (Resumed) (28 May 2020)
“We will take four minutes each. We have been through challenging times before, most recently when the economy crashed and brought in an era of austerity. The austerity measures brought in often targeted the most vulnerable in society. Savage cuts were made to benefits, including the back-to-school allowance, the jobseeker’s allowance, the one-parent family allowance, the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Revenue Commissioners Staff (27 May 2020)
“59. To ask the Minister for Finance if the number of staff dealing with customers experiencing difficulties contacting the Revenue Commissioners regarding tax queries will be increased; if the tax office is taking telephone queries at this time; the measures that can be put in place to improve the response time for queries submitted online through the Revenue website; and if he will make a...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Mental Health Services (27 May 2020)
“612. To ask the Minister for Health the status of the availability of psychiatric services at James Connolly Memorial Hospital, Blanchardstown for those that present at the hospital with mental health issues; his views on whether it is acceptable that on 19 May 2020 up to seven persons that presented to the hospital with mental health issues had to wait up to 24 hours before they were...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Dessie Ellis speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 508 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register