This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Local Authority Housing, Taxi Regulations, Social and Affordable Housing Provision, Local Authority Housing Data, Public Transport
(based on written questions asked by Dessie Ellis and answered by departments)
- Section 39 Organisations: Motion [Private Members] (17 Dec 2019)
“Ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur roimh na daoine sa Ghailearaí atá ag féachaint ar na rudaí atá ar siúl anseo. Tá mé an-bhuíoch go bhfuil deis agam mo thacaíocht a thabhairt don Bhille seo, atá curtha chun cinn ag mo chomrádaí, an Teachta Ó Caoláin. I welcome the people in the Visitors Gallery and those watching...”
- Leaders' Questions (17 Dec 2019)
“The Taoiseach is going to hear more diatribe.”
- Rent Freeze (Fair Rent) Bill 2019: Second Stage [Private Members] (10 Dec 2019)
“For many in the rental sector, this is a very worrying time. Spiralling rents and decreasing numbers of rental properties are making them feel very vulnerable and not in control of their lives. Many who are in good, secure employment are facing the prospect of homelessness. Sinn Féin has been advocating a rent freeze for years. I called for such a freeze on a number of occasions when...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 68 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Dessie Ellis speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 505 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register