This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Local Authority Housing, Taxi Regulations, Social and Affordable Housing Provision, Local Authority Housing Data, Public Transport
(based on written questions asked by Dessie Ellis and answered by departments)
- Mental Health: Statements (Resumed) (21 Nov 2019)
“While some progress is being made with regard to mental health services, it is a slow process and not something for which the Government should take credit. I thank Mental Health Reform and its CEO, Dr. Shari McDaid, who is moving on, for their tireless work in highlighting and pressurising the Government to act. 4 o’clock People, young and old, are talking more openly about...”
- Personal Assistance Service: Motion (19 Nov 2019)
“I welcome this Private Members' motion. I thank the Independents 4 Change group and Deputy Pringle for bringing up for debate in the Dáil this important issue. 9 o’clock I also welcome people in the Gallery from Independent Living Movement Ireland. There are thousands of people with a disability across Ireland and some are to be found in my constituency of Dublin...”
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions: Special Educational Needs (19 Nov 2019)
“Táim ag tógáil an cheist seo toisc nach bhfuil an Teachta Ó Laoghaire le fáil. The issue of special needs allocations affects a large number of schools and many of them feel they are not getting adequate allocations for students with additional needs. It is allowed for under circular 008/2019, as issued by the Department. Many girls' schools are concerned about...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 64 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Dessie Ellis speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 500 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register