This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Health Services, Hospital Services, Schools Building Projects, Decentralisation Programme
(based on written questions asked by Denis Naughten and answered by departments)
- Agriculture: Motion [Private Members] (18 Sep 2019)
“I wish to discuss amendment No. 3 in my name. The fact is that farmers have no control over the price for beef that they get from the market. That is the fundamental issue that led to the beef price crisis during the summer. It must change if we are to have movement and are to address the pickets outside meat plants across the country. As I stated last night, we need movement on the...”
- Beef Sector: Statements (17 Sep 2019)
“I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to contribute to this debate. We need to bring about a situation where beef farmers have a fixed share of the price paid by supermarket customers for beef products. A lot of anger is being expressed by farmers around the country at the moment regarding cattle specifications and also the difference between the supermarket price and...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Post Office Closures: An Post (17 Sep 2019)
“I thank the Chairman and welcome Mr. McRedmond and his team here today. We spent long days and very long nights looking at many issues in relation to An Post and at one stage, we were looking at substantial compulsory closures across the post office network. Particular credit is due to the staff, management teams, and postmasters right across the An Post network for the work they did in...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 34 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 325 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Denis Naughten speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 917 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register