This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Darren O'Rourke TD
- Sinn Fein TD for Meath East
- Entered the Dáil on 9 February 2020 — General election
- Email me whenever Darren O'Rourke speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Public Transport, Covid-19 Pandemic, Driver Test, An Garda Síochána, Rail Network
(based on written questions asked by Darren O'Rourke and answered by departments)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (30 Mar 2023)
“Research conducted by Queen's University Belfast and Technological University Dublin, which was commissioned by the Irish Heart Foundation and the British Heart Foundation Northern Ireland, indicates that 1,000 lives could be saved on the island of Ireland each year if air pollution was reduced. A major source of air pollution comes from the burning of solid fuels in the home. Many people...”
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion: Departmental Properties (29 Mar 2023)
“Has the Department green procurement policies that relate to all procurement? It was intended in an earlier iteration of the action plan to consider various services used by the Department. With regard to the procurement of vehicles for the Department, there is an electric vehicle, EV, policy pathway that states the Department should be considering procuring EVs instead of vehicles with...”
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion: Cabinet Committees (29 Mar 2023)
“I refer to the readiness of local authorities to deal with the increase in the number of people presenting as homeless expected because of the lifting of the eviction ban. My local authority has taken out an advertisement in the local paper this week calling for expressions of interest for emergency accommodation, such is the scramble in that regard. Regarding the tenant in situscheme, it...”
More of Darren O'Rourke's recent appearances
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 178 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 560 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Darren O'Rourke speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 274 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)