This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Departmental Staff, Health Services, Departmental Properties, Consultancy Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Damien English and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment: Redundancy Payments (21 Oct 2021)
“In order to qualify for a statutory redundancy payment, an employee must have 104 weeks continuous employment, be an employed contributor in employment which was insurable for all benefits under the Social Welfare Acts and be over the age of 16. An eligible employee is entitled to two weeks statutory redundancy payment for every year of service, plus a bonus week. The redundancy...”
- Written Answers — Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment: Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (14 Oct 2021)
“The financial support the Government provided to businesses and workers affected by the pandemic was unprecedented. Supports for business included the weekly CRSS payment for businesses forced to close their doors to the public, the Wage Subsidy Scheme, the Pandemic Unemployment Payment, the Restart Grant Plus and the Small Business Assistance Scheme for COVID (SBASC) both now closed, reduced...”
- Financial Resolutions 2021 - Financial Resolution No. 2: General (Resumed) (13 Oct 2021)
“Building on the Tánaiste's comments, this budget is very much focused on a jobs-led recovery. We have been in this place before, when we had to turn to the business community to work with the State to create jobs for those who have no work and to drive the economy. We want to see a well-functioning economy delivering the resources and money we need to restore the public services to the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Damien English speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 990 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register