This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Departmental Staff, Health Services, Departmental Properties, Consultancy Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Damien English and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Irish Coast Guard Issues (13 Jun 2019)
“The provision of a fire service in its functional area and the assessment of fire cover needs having regard to the nature of the fire hazards and the probable incidence and extent of fires in its area is a statutory function of individual fire authorities under Section 10 of the Fire Services Act 1981. The priority of fire services in responding to incidents of wildland fires is the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Pyrite Remediation Programme (13 Jun 2019)
“The Pyrite Resolution Act 2013 provides the statutory framework for the establishment of the Pyrite Resolution Board, and for the making of a pyrite remediation scheme to be implemented by the Board with support from the Housing Agency. The pyrite remediation scheme is a scheme of “last resort” and is limited in its application and scope. The full conditions for...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Fire Safety (13 Jun 2019)
“There have been a range of measures progressed in relation to fire safety in buildings, over recent years, both on foot of some of the events the Deputy refers to and indeed other international events. In the aftermath of the Grenfell Tower tragedy in June 2017, and in recognition of fears expressed for fire safety, my Department's National Directorate for Fire and Emergency Management was...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 65 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Damien English speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 827 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register