This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Departmental Staff, Health Services, Departmental Properties, Consultancy Contracts
(based on written questions asked by Damien English and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Maritime Spatial Planning (18 Dec 2019)
“Ireland has undertaken to expand its network of Marine Protected Areas in accordance with commitments made under the Marine Strategy Framework Directive, the National Biodiversity Action Plan (2017-2021), the 1992 OSPAR Convention and the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD). On 23rd October this year I announced the formation of an expert Advisory Group to advise my Department and...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Proposed Legislation (17 Dec 2019)
“I intend to bring forward legislation to amend the existing Fire Services Acts 1981 and 2003 next year to a) update the Fire Services Acts, 1981 and 2003, b) place relevant elements of emergency management practice at national and local level on a statutory footing, and, c) revise the legislative approach to certain aspects of funfair public safety in Ireland. The...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Fire Safety Regulations (17 Dec 2019)
“The design and construction of buildings is regulated under the Building Control Acts 1990 to 2014. The building regulations set the minimum performance requirements that a building must achieve, to provide for the health, safety and welfare of people in and about buildings. The building regulations apply to the design and construction of a...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 58 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Damien English speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 878 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register