This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Information, Legislative Measures, Commemorative Events, Youth Services Funding, Dormant Accounts Fund
(based on written questions asked by Colm Brophy and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Diplomatic Representation (19 Nov 2020)
“Sixty years ago this year, Ireland opened its first African diplomatic Mission as part of a drive to strengthen ties with African countries, especially those that had recently won their independence. Today our presence has grown to twelve Embassies across the continent of Africa, including in Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Liberia in West Africa. In 2019, the Government launched...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Constitutional Amendments (19 Nov 2020)
“The Government is committed to holding a referendum on extending the franchise at Presidential elections to Irish citizens living outside the State. We have restored the Thirty-Ninth Amendment of the Constitution (Presidential Elections) Bill to the Dáil Order Paper. The date for the holding of the referendum will be decided once the legislation has been approved by the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Budget 2021 (17 Nov 2020)
“A Better World, the Government's policy for international development, establishes gender equality as a policy priority, specifically identifying response to, and prevention of, gender-based violence (GBV) as a key focus. Ireland is consistently among those OECD countries with the highest proportion of official development assistance (ODA) invested yearly in gender equality measures. In...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Colm Brophy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 24 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)