This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Information, Legislative Measures, Commemorative Events, Youth Services Funding, Dormant Accounts Fund
(based on written questions asked by Colm Brophy and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Human Rights (23 Sep 2021)
“I am deeply concerned by the imprisonment of Christians in Eritrea on the basis of their religious belief. The right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion (more commonly referred to as freedom of religion and belief) is regarded as a fundamental freedom, provided for under Article 18 of both the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Convention on Civil and...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Foreign Conflicts (22 Sep 2021)
“I am deeply concerned by the ongoing violence in Nigeria. Conflict poses a serious challenge to the country’s stability, and impacts on the wider region. The particular acts of violence referred to are between nomadic herders and settled farmers. While in Nigeria the vast majority of herders are Muslim and many of the farmers are Christian, conflict arises from differences of...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Election Monitoring Missions (22 Sep 2021)
“I refer the Deputy to Parliamentary Questions No. 304, 305 and 311 of 26 May 2021, Parliamentary Questions No. 303 and 310 of 26 May 2021 and Parliamentary Question No. 777 of 24 March 2021 on international election observation. The Department of Foreign Affairs facilitates an Election Observation Roster of suitably skilled and vetted volunteers who are available to participate at short...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 440 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Colm Brophy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 31 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)