This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, CLÁR Programme, Tellus Border Project, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Election Monitoring Missions (16 Jun 2020)
“I refer the Deputy to the response to Parliamentary Question Nos. 21 of 3 June 2020 and 37 of 5 March 2020. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade administers and maintains a roster of suitably skilled individuals who are available to deploy on international election observation missions organised, in the main, by the European Union (EU) and the Office of Democratic Institutions and...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Covid-19 Pandemic (9 Jun 2020)
“Ireland welcomes Costa Rica’s leadership on the Covid-19 Technology Access Pool. We share the objectives for the initiative to achieve a common outcome in public health for the benefit of all. Ireland has championed coherence, and coordinated and collaborative responses to the global public health challenges which we currently face, with a focus on ensuring that the needs of poorest...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: International Bodies (9 Jun 2020)
“The World Health Organisation is a UN body, mandated to advocate for universal healthcare, monitor public health risks, and coordinate responses to health emergencies. Each year Ireland makes an assessed contribution to the running costs of the body, through the Department of Health: in 2019 this amounted to €1.45m, and in 2020 the assessed contribution was €1.68 million. This...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 16 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 282 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register