This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects, Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, Flood Prevention Measures, Rail Network
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Rail Network (13 Jan 2021)
“128. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport if he has commenced a feasibility study on the double tracking of the rail line connecting Athenry to Galway city; and if not, when he expects to do so. [44743/20]”
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: School Accommodation (13 Jan 2021)
“426. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the construction of a planned large extension to a school (details supplied); and when she expects construction to commence. [44744/20]”
- Written Answers — Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine: Alternative Energy Projects (13 Jan 2021)
“1115. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the locations and operators of the 12 biogas plants approved to operate in Ireland; and the locations and operators of the two plants that are at an advanced stage and the plant that is at an early stage, as outlined in Parliamentary Question Nos. 894 and 895 of 22 September 2020. [45089/20]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 5 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 285 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register