This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, CLÁR Programme, Tellus Border Project, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Enterprise Support Services (13 May 2020)
“Support is provided to returning emigrants wishing to start a new business in Ireland under the ‘Back for Business’ entrepreneurship development programme. It is funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. My Department recently launched the third cycle of the Back for Business programme following on two previous cycles in 2018 and 2019, which generated...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Election Monitoring Missions (13 May 2020)
“The budget for international election observation in a normal year is €180,000. In 2018 the allocation was augmented to €250,000 to facilitate the mustering of a new roster of volunteers. This included the cost of an additional temporary clerical officer to support the team managing the roster during that mustering process. The elections observation team is currently...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Election Monitoring Missions (5 Mar 2020)
“The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade administers and maintains a roster of suitably skilled individuals who are available to deploy on international election observation missions organised, in the main, by the European Union (EU) and the Office of Democratic Institutions and Human Rights of Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE-ODIHR). A new roster was put in...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 16 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 282 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register