This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Rail Network, School Facilities, Schools Building Projects, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports, Agriculture Schemes
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Electricity Generation (14 Jul 2022)
“211. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the steps that have been taken to expedite action 105 of the deliverables framework of the Climate Action Plan in order that domestic dwellings can be reimbursed for the generation of electricity to the grid. [39139/22]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospital Staff (14 Jul 2022)
“753. To ask the Minister for Health the steps that he is taking to appoint nine additional neurology nurse specialists at University Hospital Galway; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39123/22]”
- Joint Committee on Tourism, Culture, Arts, Sport And Media: Governance and Related Issues in Cycling Ireland: Discussion (13 Jul 2022)
“I thank the witnesses for joining us today and for the exceptional work they are doing in developing the sport and the pursuit of cycling on the island of Ireland. I asked that the witnesses appear before us today to address the significant breakdown in trust that occurred as the result of the actions of an admittedly small group of people within the organisation in how they approached the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 44 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 293 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register