This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects, Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, Flood Prevention Measures, CLÁR Programme
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (19 Nov 2020)
“The programme for Government contains a commitment to balanced regional development, in particular the delivery of sustainable transport solutions across the regions. Those transport solutions need to be sustainable from an environmental and economic perspective. We are making fundamental decisions as to how we invest in rail infrastructure, in particular in the west of Ireland over the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Town and Village Renewal Scheme (5 Nov 2020)
“48. To ask the Minister for Rural and Community Development when she expects to announce successful applications under the 2020 town and village renewal scheme; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [34161/20]”
- Written Answers — Department of Rural and Community Development: Rural Recreation Policy (5 Nov 2020)
“32. To ask the Minister for Rural and Community Development the work being carried out by her Department to support investment in outdoor recreation amenities such as greenways, cycleways and walking trails; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [34160/20]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 285 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register