This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, CLÁR Programme, Tellus Border Project, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Overseas Development Aid Expenditure (17 Oct 2017)
“Last week for budget 2018, the Government announced a total allocation of €707 million to Official Development Assistance (ODA). This represents an increase of some €26 million on the current year, and is the third consecutive year the Government has increased budget allocations to Ireland’s Aid programme. Just over €500 million of the total ODA allocation for...”
- Financial Resolutions 2018 - Financial Resolution No. 4: General (Resumed) (11 Oct 2017)
“I am listening.”
- Topical Issue Debate: Referendum in Catalonia (3 Oct 2017)
“I have listened carefully to the contributions made by the Deputies on the situation in Catalonia. I appreciate fully that their contributions reflect genuine concern and also, in the case of Deputy Eoin Ó Broin, informed by his presence in Catalonia over the weekend with other Irish elected representatives. The region is also a location I visit a couple of times each year. What has...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 16 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 258 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register