This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, CLÁR Programme, Tellus Border Project, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Overseas Development Aid Oversight (20 Sep 2018)
“The Government is strongly committed to delivering Ireland’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) programme in the most effective way, providing humanitarian assistance and contributing to the fight against global poverty and hunger, including by working with multilateral partners and through the European Union. Funding for multilateral organisations is kept under regular review...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Election Monitoring Missions (20 Sep 2018)
“I refer the Deputy to the response to a previous parliamentary question on this matter Question 69 of 7 September 2018. International election monitoring missions play an important role in the promotion of democracy and human rights. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade maintains a roster of observers for election monitoring missions. We aim to ensure that, when requested, Ireland is...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Irish Aid (18 Sep 2018)
“The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade recognises the specific skill sets and expertise of civil society and the vital contribution that civil society makes across development co-operation overseas. Ireland has long been the OECD DAC, Development Assistance Committee, member which provides the greatest percentage of bilateral overseas development aid, ODA, to and through civil society...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 265 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register