This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects, Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, Flood Prevention Measures, CLÁR Programme
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Flood Prevention Measures (29 Sep 2020)
“125. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform the way in which the OPW plans to develop its policy on flood relief and flood mitigation in view of the significant climate change challenges that Ireland faces over the coming years. [26269/20]”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Heritage Sites (29 Sep 2020)
“129. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform if there has been an increase in visitor numbers at OPW heritage sites in view of the recent waiving of admission charges at certain sites; and if he envisages the development of these sites as significant drivers of tourism in rural towns and villages. [26270/20]”
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate: Rail Network (23 Sep 2020)
“I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to discuss the need to expedite the double tracking of the Irish Rail line connecting Athenry, Oranmore, Ardaun and, ultimately, Galway city. I thank the Minister, Deputy Eamon Ryan, for being here today to discuss this matter. Athenry has a population of just over 5,000 people and the town has doubled in size over the past 20 years....”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 285 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register