This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, CLÁR Programme, Tellus Border Project, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Overseas Development Aid (21 May 2019)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 122 to 124, inclusive, together. Ireland’s new international development policy, A Better World, was published in February, situating Irish interventions within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals and, in particular, their injunction to reach the furthest behind first. Actions to promote gender equality are at the core of A Better...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Overseas Development Aid Expenditure (21 May 2019)
“Ireland’s new policy for international development, A Better World, was published in February. A Better World reaffirms the Government’s commitment, as outlined in Global Ireland 2025, to expand Ireland's official development assistance and make progress on delivering the United Nations target of allocating 0.7 percent of Gross National Income (GNI) for official development...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Foreign Conflicts (18 Apr 2019)
“On 11 April it was announced that a transitional military council had assumed control in Sudan and that Omar al-Bashir, who had been President for three decades, was being held in a "safe place". The transitional military council has said it will govern Sudan for a two-year transitional period after which it promises presidential elections. Sudan's constitution has been suspended, its...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 16 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 276 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register