This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Schools Building Projects Status, Commemorative Events, Flood Prevention Measures, Rural Development Programme Funding
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Heritage Projects (31 Jan 2017)
“371. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform the position regarding the return of the Turoe stone to Turoe, County Galway; and the timeframe for same. [3835/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Flood Relief Schemes Applications (17 Jan 2017)
“721. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform if the Office of Public Works has received an application for minor works flood relief funding for a flood relief project at Station Road, Ballinasloe, County Galway; and if so, when the funding will be made available. [41181/16]”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education and Skills: Higher Education Funding: Discussion (Resumed) (8 Dec 2016)
“I thank all the witnesses for their contributions and for sharing their knowledge and wisdom on an issue of immense importance to all of us. Dr. Day referred to autonomy. I agree wholly with her on the point about the autonomy afforded to our universities and how they can use the resources available to them. This has been a recurring theme in our discussions in this room. I agree that...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 54 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 254 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register