This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, CLÁR Programme, Tellus Border Project, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Emigrant Support Services (11 Jul 2019)
“The Interdepartmental Committee on the Irish Abroad has dedicated its work stream over the past year and a half to evaluating and, where possible, implementing the thirty recommendations contained in the Indecon Economic Report on Addressing Challenges Faced by Returning Irish Emigrants. Of the 30 recommendations, 20 have been addressed. Of the remaining 10 areas, 8...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Climate Change Policy (11 Jul 2019)
“The Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, along with the Secretary General from his Department, have been actively engaged in the preparation and development of Ireland’s national climate action plan. They have participated in and contributed to the relevant meetings and consultations organised by the Department for Communications, Climate Action and the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Election Monitoring Missions (10 Jul 2019)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 108 to 112, inclusive, together. The elections desk is based within the Development Cooperation and Africa Division of my Department. Staffing of the elections desk is proportionate to its budget and that of the Division as a whole, whose purpose is to deliver on the objectives set out in A Better World, the Government's policy for international development...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 18 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 277 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register