This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, CLÁR Programme, Tellus Border Project, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Humanitarian Aid (18 Oct 2018)
“In December 2017, a number of international NGOs, including the NGO in question, received notification from the government of Pakistan to cease operations. This decision was appealed by the organisation. However, on 4 October 2018 the Pakistani authorities said that the appeal had been rejected and that it, along with a number of other reputable international NGOs, must cease operations...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Irish Aid (17 Oct 2018)
“I refer the Deputy to my replies to Question 122 of Tuesday 18 September 2018 and Question 113 of Wednesday 26 September 2018 in connection with the distribution of approved grants for NGO’s. Irish Aid currently has a three-year Strategic Partnership agreement with the organisation in question, covering the period 2017-2019. The organisation in question receives one of the highest...”
- Criminal Justice (Victims of Crime) (Amendment) Bill 2018: Second Stage [Private Members] (16 Oct 2018)
“The Minister of State, Deputy Stanton, and I have listened to the points raised by Deputies this evening and the Government is committed to providing greater supports and protections for victims of crime and ensuring victims are provided with all the information and assistance they need when interacting with the criminal justice system. The Minister of State, Deputy Stanton, has spoken this...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 267 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register