This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects, Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, Flood Prevention Measures, Rail Network
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (1 Jul 2021)
“I agree with everything Deputy Leddin said. The pandemic unemployment payment, PUP, has been a very effective support mechanism for thousands of people who were rendered unemployed overnight. Thankfully, many of them are now exiting the PUP support because they no longer need to avail of it. However, there are thousands in the entertainment sector who will find themselves on a very...”
- Joint Committee on Tourism, Culture, Arts, Sport And Media: Making Europe Fit for the Digital Age: EU Commissioner for Competition (23 Jun 2021)
“I thank the Commissioner for joining us and appreciate her giving us her time today. We are, I hope, working our way slowly but surely out of a viral pandemic that has crippled Europe and the wider world. Throughout, we have become overwhelmed with misinformation. One might call it a misinformation pandemic. The after-effects of that may linger for significantly longer than will the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 27 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 289 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register