This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Fine Gael TD for Galway East
- Former Fine Gael Senator (Nominated by the Taoiseach)
- Changed party from Progressive Democrats on 24 Mar 2009
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — appointed
- Left the Seanad on 25 April 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects, Flood Relief Schemes, Health Services Provision, Flood Prevention Measures, Rail Network
(based on written questions asked by Ciarán Cannon and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht: Cycling Facilities (18 Feb 2021)
“112. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht her plans to commence construction of Ireland's first indoor velodrome. [9203/21]”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (21 Jan 2021)
“I thank the Tánaiste and his ministerial colleagues for all the work they have done in putting in place significant supports for our small business sector. Unfortunately, there are thousands of self-employed people running small businesses in this country who are finding it exceptionally difficult, if not impossible, to gain access to those supports because of the way in which they were...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Drugs Payment Scheme (21 Jan 2021)
“365. To ask the Minister for Health when he plans to have Dupilumab added to the HSE's reimbursement list for the treatment of severe eczema. [3128/21]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 15 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Ciarán Cannon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 285 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register