This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Schools Building Projects, Hospital Services, Crime Levels, Garda Deployment
(based on written questions asked by Charles Flanagan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Road Traffic Legislation (17 Oct 2019)
“I would like to begin by stating clearly that my officials, alongside their colleagues in the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and An Garda Síochána, are striving to find solutions to this complex policing issue. As I have outlined in previous Parliamentary responses, a cross-agency group has been examining the misuse of scramblers. This process has...”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Garda Reorganisation (17 Oct 2019)
“As Minister for Justice and Equality, I welcome the announcement in recent weeks by the Garda Commissioner of a new Operating Model for An Garda Síochána. This functional model has long been recommended by independent policing specialists, including the Garda Síochána Inspectorate and in the Report of the Commission on the Future of Policing in Ireland...”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Garda Information and Communications Technology (17 Oct 2019)
“My Department recognises the value of the technology referred to by the Deputy. I am also aware of the misgivings of some groups in respect of the potential for misuse of the technology. As the Deputy may be aware, the EU Data Protection Law Enforcement Directive permits data to be retained once it is lawful and fair and for a specific law enforcement purpose. It is important that our...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 124 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Charles Flanagan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1108 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register