This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Schools Building Projects, Hospital Services, Crime Levels, Garda Deployment
(based on written questions asked by Charles Flanagan and answered by departments)
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (19 Feb 2019)
“Work is proceeding on this issue following the recent completion of a report by the Joint Committee on Justice and Equality. The referendum to which the Deputy refers will not take place in spring or summer of this year.”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (14 Feb 2019)
“I acknowledge this important occasion, which is the anniversary of what was perhaps one of the greatest tragedies to occur in this city. I am happy and satisfied at all times to receive any new information that the committee or any individual wishes to share with me. I had the opportunity to meet with the representative groups of victims and survivors on a number of occasions. I understand...”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Prison Deaths (14 Feb 2019)
“I am advised by the Irish Prison Service that inquests into the deaths of the two persons who died while in the custody of Midlands Prison in 2019 are pending, and the scheduling of those inquests is a matter for the Coroner concerned. However, I wish to inform the Deputy that all deaths in custody are the subject of a Garda investigation in addition to the inquest held in the Coroner's...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 163 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Charles Flanagan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 991 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register