This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Schools Building Projects, Hospital Services, Crime Levels, Garda Deployment
(based on written questions asked by Charles Flanagan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: International Agreements (6 Dec 2018)
“I propose to take Questions Nos. 120 to 122, inclusive, together. The Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration will be adopted at the UN Intergovernmental Conference which I will be attending in Marrakech, Morocco, on 10th and 11th of December next. The Compact, though non-binding and respectful of national sovereignty, provides a strong framework for global cooperation on...”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Immigration Controls (6 Dec 2018)
“I am assuming that the Deputy is referring to non-EEA nationals who have applied to come to Ireland or remain here by virtue of being a spouse or partner of an Irish national and not by any other basis. I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that immediate family members of Irish citizens who apply and are granted immigration status by INIS...”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Commencement of Legislation (6 Dec 2018)
“The Children and Family Relationships Act 2015 (Commencement of Certain Provisions Order) 2016 (S.I. No. 12 of 2016) commenced the bulk of the Act with effect from 18 January 2016. That Commencement Order brought provisions of Parts 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12 and 13 of the Act into operation. The Children and Family Relationships Act 2015 (Commencement) Order 2017 (S.I. No. 355 of 2017) commenced...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 170 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Charles Flanagan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 977 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register