This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Special Educational Needs, Departmental Expenditure, Departmental Records, Planning Issues, Appointments to State Boards
(based on written questions asked by Catherine Murphy and answered by departments)
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport: Business of Joint Committee (Resumed) (17 Jul 2019)
“In addition to asking Sport Ireland to do that, the Chairman should, on behalf of this committee, write to the FAI stating it is a requirement. The lack of permission to ask questions and have them answered at AGMs is a long-standing problem that must be addressed if we are to have confidence in the governance of the FAI. It is not down to Oireachtas scrutiny but a matter of allowing people...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport: Scrutiny of EU Legislative Proposals (17 Jul 2019)
“I believe that is about squaring things for Volkswagen. I have no issue with competency being left with the European Union but I do not believe what is proposed in respect of emissions from diesel engines will necessarily improve air quality. It is more of a technical, housekeeping matter than a profound change to improve environmental standards.”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport: Governance Review Group Report for the FAI Board and Sport Ireland: Sport Ireland (17 Jul 2019)
“I thank the witnesses for being here and for their opening statements. I want to put on the record that it is very positive that some of the changes put in place by Sport Ireland will also a apply to all of the other organisations it funds. It is evident that there has been good learning out of this process. It may well stop us from having situations such as this in the future. Sport...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 105 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 835 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Catherine Murphy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1034 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register