This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Mother and Baby Homes Inquiries, Covid-19 Pandemic, Foreshore Licence Applications, Direct Provision System, International Protection
(based on written questions asked by Catherine Connolly and answered by departments)
- Ombudsman for Children's Initiative on Eliminating Child Poverty and Child Homelessness: Statements (23 Sep 2021)
“We will move on but we are a few minutes ahead of schedule so I do not want to take Members by surprise. The first Topical Issue is in the name of Deputy Stanley. It is in the name of Deputy Cowen as well, who is not here. We are a little bit ahead of time so I will take a few minutes.”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (23 Sep 2021)
“Like the Tánaiste and all other Members, I did not know about the death of Mervyn Taylor. I extend my sympathy to his family, his extended family and all of his friends. I am sure the Ceann Comhairle will also speak on this.”
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (23 Sep 2021)
“I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Brian Stanley and Barry Cowen - to discuss the situation with the National Ambulance Service and the situation in counties Laois and Offaly; (2) Deputy Cian O'Callaghan - to discuss conditions in Gaelcholáiste...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 569 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 937 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Catherine Connolly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 745 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)