This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Defence Forces, Education Policy, Prison Service Staff, Brexit Issues, Mental Health Services
(based on written questions asked by Cathal Berry and answered by departments)
- EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement: Motion (21 Sep 2021)
“I thank the Minister of State for coming to the Chamber to propose this motion on extending the interim period of co-operation between the EU and UK on the exchange of data of an evidential nature. I have no difficulty with the motion. It is very prudent and sensible and I look forward to supporting its passage through the Dáil. I support it for three reasons primarily. First, we...”
- Maritime Area Planning Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (16 Sep 2021)
“I thank the Minister of State for coming into the Chamber this afternoon to debate this Bill. It is a Bill that is long overdue. I welcome its publication and look forward to supporting its passage through the Houses of the Oireachtas over the coming days and weeks. I have three points to make. First, I wish to emphasise the importance of the marine domain in this country. I heard...”
- Confidence in Minister for Foreign Affairs and Defence: Motion (15 Sep 2021)
“I have absolutely no hesitation in voting confidence in the Minister, Deputy Coveney, tonight. I do it for one reason and one reason only. Earlier this year he committed to implementing the findings of the Commission on Defence Forces, which is scheduled for submission in a few weeks' time. I very much look forward to the Minister, Deputy Coveney, still being in office so that I can hold...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 64 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 8 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Cathal Berry speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 54 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)