This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Defence Forces, Education Policy, Prison Service Staff, Brexit Issues, Social Welfare Payments
(based on written questions asked by Cathal Berry and answered by departments)
- Garda Síochána (Compensation) Bill 2021 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (18 May 2022)
“I thank the Minister her opening statement, which she delivered yesterday. I am delighted to be in the Chamber today to contribute to this important debate on the Garda Síochána (Compensation) Bill. I am very happy with this Bill and welcome it. I recognise it is probably long overdue. I am happy to support its passage through the Oireachtas. I do so for the following...”
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (18 May 2022)
“I welcome the Government's plans to increase the amount of microgeneration of energy across the country. This is a good thing. Anything that diversifies and democratises our energy supply is something that should be incentivised and supported. Every Deputy in this Chamber is aware, however, that there has been a massive increase in energy costs, in particular electricity costs, over the...”
- Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions: Defence Forces (12 May 2022)
“The Minister quite rightly urged the Commission on the Defence Forces to be ambitious in its recommendations, and I urge him now to be ambitious in the implementation. There is virtually unanimous cross-party support for this. I have not heard a single dissenting voice in the Chamber on the issues of improving pay for our troops, increasing the number of personnel and improving the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 84 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 8 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Cathal Berry speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 88 times in debates — well below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)