This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Hospital Services, Children in Care, Medical Cards, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin and answered by departments)
- Employment Equality (Abolition of Mandatory Retirement Age) Bill 2016: Second Stage [Private Members] (23 Feb 2017)
“Yes. We will see how we go. I commend my colleagues, Deputies Brady and Mitchell, on bringing this important Bill forward. I also wish, as Deputy Brady has already done, to acknowledge the work done by the former Dáil Deputy, Anne Ferris, who brought this same Bill forward in 2014. I thank her for all her work on this issue. What this Bill ultimately aims to do is end discrimination...”
- Questions on Promised Legislation (23 Feb 2017)
“At least seven young adults with disabilities, who have been allocated day service places with St. Michael's House here in Dublin, are unable to access their places due to the absence of funding to cover transport. How is the health (transport support) Bill progressing? I understand this Bill will provide for a scheme to make individual payments as a contribution towards transport costs to...”
- Disability (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2016: Second Stage (Resumed) (22 Feb 2017)
“I caution the Minister of State, as a prisoner of Fine Gael-----”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 89 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 96 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2069 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register