This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Hospital Services, Children in Care, Medical Cards, Hospital Waiting Lists
(based on written questions asked by Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin and answered by departments)
- Credit Union Restructuring Board (Dissolution) Bill 2019: Second Stage (Resumed) (13 Mar 2019)
“The Bill will wind up the Credit Union Restructuring Board or ReBo. Members should recall that at the time of the board's establishment, it was feared that credit unions were likely to be the next domino in the banking collapse. However, although a few difficult years for credit unions followed, the predicted widespread collapses did not occur. Through their own resources and the solid...”
- Recent Developments on Brexit: Statements (13 Mar 2019)
“The Brexit journey has at times been nightmarish. It has always been a bumpy ride and, occasionally, it has puzzled us all greatly. While almost everybody in Ireland yesterday looked on in amazement at yet another massive rejection vote in the British House of Commons, the British Government was readying itself to announce a new tariff regime. This will apply to goods entering Britain from...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality: Business of Joint Committee (13 Mar 2019)
“I thank Senator Colm Burke for his attendance to assist us. I remind members to, please, switch off their mobile phones as they interfere with the broadcasting and recording equipment, even when left in silent mode. Apologies have been received from Deputy Peter Fitzpatrick and Senator Frances Black. We will go into private session to deal with some housekeeping matters.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 97 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 86 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2150 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register