This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Hospital Services, Children in Care, Medical Cards, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: State Pension (Contributory) Eligibility (11 Sep 2017)
“1791. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the situation that applies when assessing the old age pension entitlement of persons that have during their lifetime spent a period of their working life in prison; if an allowance is made in calculating their entitlement to a contributory pension in view of the fact that they could neither make a paid contribution or sign...”
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government: Tenant Purchase Scheme (13 Jul 2017)
“1287. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government his plans to reintroduce a tenant purchase scheme to allow tenants of a specified number of years and that meet other criteria, purchase their home; when he will introduce such a scheme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [33715/17]”
- Mortgage Arrears Resolution (Family Home) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (12 Jul 2017)
“Sinn Féin will support the Bill's passage through Second Stage. It seeks to establish a mortgage resolution office which would be empowered to put in place a mortgage resolution order designed to protect the family home in the insolvency process. As of the end of March this year, 76,422 mortgages on principal dwelling homes were in arrears and 120,894 principal dwelling house mortgage...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 96 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 191 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2088 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register