This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Health Services, Hospital Services, Children in Care, Medical Cards, Services for People with Disabilities
(based on written questions asked by Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin and answered by departments)
- Hospital Overcrowding: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (21 Nov 2019)
“I move amendment No. 2: To delete all words after “Dáil Éireann” and substitute the following: “notes: - that so far this year, more than 100,000 patients have gone without a hospital bed, waiting on trolleys in emergency departments; - that to the end of October this year, 13,466 people over 75 years of age have endured emergency department waits of more...”
- Hospital Overcrowding: Motion [Private Members] (20 Nov 2019)
“As we debate another Private Members' motion on waiting lists, it is important to remember that regardless of the waiting figures associated with each motion I for one cannot say that I, in my more than 22 years as a Dáil Deputy, have ever seen a Government sufficiently shocked and shamed into action. It has never happened. Put simply, if the severity of the October overcrowding...”
- Select Committee on Justice and Equality: Criminal Records (Exchange of Information) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (20 Nov 2019)
“This meeting has been convened to consider Committee Stage of the Criminal Records (Exchange of Information) Bill 2019. Members are reminded of the long-standing parliamentary practice to the effect that they should not comment on, criticise or make charges against a person outside the House or an official either by name or in such a way as to make him or her identifiable. I remind those...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 100 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 91 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2174 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register