This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Covid-19 Pandemic, Cancer Screening Programmes, Departmental Contracts Data, Departmental Expenditure, Covid-19 Pandemic Supports
(based on written questions asked by Bríd Smith and answered by departments)
- Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (21 Apr 2021)
“Deputy Barry will not be here but I am sharing with Deputy Murphy. I want to start by saying something the Minister may not believe or his party may not believe. I can honestly say that those of us in People Before Profit had hoped we would welcome the Bill and engage in the debate on the basis of support for the Bill that would begin to tackle the greatest issue of our time and the biggest...”
- Ceisteanna - Questions: Cabinet Committees (21 Apr 2021)
“Just as the shocking unemployment figures, showing that 59.2% of young people now stand unemployed, have been revealed to us, the Government intends to contract out the local employment services many of which are run by local partnerships. When the Taoiseach was in opposition, I sat on the social protection committee chaired by a Fianna Fáil Deputy and well attended by Fianna Fáil...”
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (21 Apr 2021)
“Dublin Bus is operating at 25% capacity, as it should be during the pandemic, but on top of that it is also operating a Saturday schedule, which means there is a significant reduction in the running times of the buses. They are late on many occasions, and this is during the week. The company is also operating a very reduced timetable because of the Saturday schedule. This is since the...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 152 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 470 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Bríd Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 604 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)