This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Cancer Screening Programmes, Departmental Contracts Data, Bus Services, Employment Rights, Direct Provision System
(based on written questions asked by Bríd Smith and answered by departments)
- Estimates for Public Services 2020 - Vote 32 - Business, Enterprise and Innovation (Revised) (30 Jun 2020)
“I am sharing time with Deputy Paul Murphy. I want to start by saying something positive to and about the Tánaiste's new Ministry. I recall the zeal and the scrutiny he had in a previous Ministry. We all remember the campaign he launched to account for every penny spent in the then Department of Social Protection when it came to social welfare recipients and welfare cheats who cheat us...”
- Written Answers — Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection: State Pension (Contributory) (30 Jun 2020)
“841. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the way in which a person (details supplied) that has total combined contributions here and in Germany that would yield a maximum State pension contributory here can lose out to the extent detailed; and her plans to alter the method of calculating such contributions to ensure such persons do not lose out in the future....”
- Ceapachán an Taoisigh agus Ainmniú Chomhaltaí an Rialtais: Tairiscint - Appointment of Taoiseach and Nomination of Members of Government: Motion (27 Jun 2020)
“I also will share time with Deputy Gino Kenny. I will start by saying I have absolute confidence in this Government and that confidence is based on what we know about the parties in government and what they did in the past decades when they were in power. I am confident that Fine Gael will look after the very wealthy in this society. I am confident that Fianna Fáil will look after...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 108 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 230 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 1 comment on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Bríd Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 506 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)