This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Northern Ireland Issues, School Staffing, Northern Ireland, Foreign Conflicts, Brexit Issues
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Smith and answered by departments)
- Domestic Violence: Statements (11 Dec 2019)
“Once again I raise the non-provision of a refuge in Cavan-Monaghan for victims of domestic violence. I have raised this issue through parliamentary questions and in other Dáil debates over recent years and, unfortunately, little or no progress has been made in that respect. Women who are victims of domestic violence from the wide geographical area of Cavan-Monaghan have to source...”
- OECD Report on SME and Entrepreneurship Policy in Ireland: Statements (10 Dec 2019)
“I welcome the opportunity to make a short contribution on this important report. My colleagues, Deputies Troy and Scanlon, dealt with some of the details of the report earlier. I wish to refer specifically to the needs of the Border region. Through parliamentary questions and other debates in this House, we have discussed the particular challenges facing small and medium-sized enterprises...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Drug and Alcohol Task Forces (5 Dec 2019)
“199. To ask the Minister for Health if additional funding will be allocated to the regional drug task forces in view of the fact there are particular difficulties for some services (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [50856/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 70 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 473 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 26 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 792 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register