This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Northern Ireland Issues, School Staffing, Foreign Conflicts, Schools Building Projects, Humanitarian Aid
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Smith and answered by departments)
- Committee on the Future of Healthcare Report: Motion (Resumed) (16 Nov 2017)
“I welcome the opportunity to make a brief contribution on this report as I have to go back to a committee meeting. I compliment Deputy Róisín Shortall. My party colleague, Deputy John Brassil, and Deputy Michael Harty were members of the committee. The committee put in a huge amount of work over a considerable length of time, which showed their commitment and knowledge of the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Brexit Negotiations (16 Nov 2017)
“100. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the status of EU negotiations concerning the British decision to leave the European Union in 2019; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48530/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Northern Ireland (16 Nov 2017)
“101. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade his plans to meet with the British Government and the parties in Northern Ireland regarding the urgent need to have the Northern Ireland Executive and Assembly restored; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48531/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 73 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 662 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 25 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 685 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register