This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Northern Ireland Issues, School Staffing, Foreign Conflicts, Brexit Issues, Schools Building Projects
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Smith and answered by departments)
- Criminal Justice (International Co-operation) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (11 Jul 2019)
“While I concur with Deputy O'Callaghan, I was struck by Deputy Maureen O'Sullivan's contribution last night. Deputies O'Sullivan, Crowe and I worked with the Minister, Deputy Flanagan, when he was Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade on the terrible atrocities committed in May 1974, including the heinous murders of 34 people between Dublin and Monaghan. Of course, there have been other...”
- Brexit Contingency Action Plan: Statements (11 Jul 2019)
“Half way through the extension agreed with the EU 27 a number of permutations and combinations of how dangerously Brexit may play out have increased. The leadership contest within the Tory party, some uncertainty, to say the least, in the British Labour Party, the rise of the Brexit Party and the increasing Scottish support for a second Scotland independence referendum means that things are...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Brexit Preparations (11 Jul 2019)
“138. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the preparations in the event of a no-deal Brexit; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30932/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 63 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 470 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 26 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 768 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register