This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Staff Data, Visa Applications, Brexit Data, Citizenship Applications, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Howlin and answered by departments)
- Taoiseach a Ainmniú - Nomination of Taoiseach (20 Feb 2020)
“Each Member gathered in this House has spent the past number of weeks talking and, I hope, listening to thousands of our people. We are here because we have been selected by our people to be here - each one with his or her unique mandate - each one equally legitimate. Nobody's mandate is stronger or better than that of anybody else. Each one of us looks to his or her constituency for his...”
- Ainmniú Iarrthóirí agus Ceann Comhairle a Thoghadh - Selection of Candidate and Election of Ceann Comhairle (20 Feb 2020)
“Comhghairdeas leatsa, a Cheann Comhairle, as a bheith atofa i do Cheann Comhairle. The office of Ceann Comhairle is one of the most important in this State. Deputy Ó Fearghaíl held it over the past four years, with great skill and forbearance, more often than not. He steered a difficult Dáil through those four years with enormous understanding of the role of Parliament. I...”
- Environmental Policy: Motion [Private Members] (18 Dec 2019)
“I thank the Deputies from the various parties and the Independent Deputies who spoke on what is a very important end-of-term debate on the environment, which is the overarching economic and social issue of our time. Our motion calls on Dáil Éireann to recognise that environmental pollution and degradation are all too often the by-product of our economy. We ask all Deputies to...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 216 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 240 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Howlin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2129 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register