This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Staff Data, Visa Applications, Brexit Data, Citizenship Applications, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Howlin and answered by departments)
- Financial Resolutions 2020 - Financial Resolution No. 7: General (Resumed) (14 Oct 2020)
“It is very difficult to make a substantial contribution to a budget debate in five minutes. There was a time when Members took hours to analyse the impact of a budget and I regret this is no longer the case. As someone who has some experience of budgets, yesterday's announcement was by any measure an extraordinary one. It included the provision of €17 billion in expenditure and...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on European Union Affairs: EU Council Presidency: German Ambassador to Ireland and Portuguese Ambassador to Ireland (14 Oct 2020)
“I hope Mr. Barnier sneezes into his elbow. I express gratitude for the strong expression of solidarity with Ireland in relation to the unique difficulties that Brexit poses for us. We recognise that there are still pressure points to come, so that solidarity is not a past issue. We all hope that an agreement will be reached, but in the event that there is no agreement, the protocol is a...”
- Written Answers — Department of Justice and Equality: Garda Civilian Staff (14 Oct 2020)
“241. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the full-year cost of recruiting three additional full-time accountants for the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [30431/20]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 102 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 120 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Howlin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2176 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register