This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Staff Data, Passport Services, Visa Applications, Brexit Data, Citizenship Applications
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Howlin and answered by departments)
- Pre-European Council Meeting: Statements (6 Dec 2023)
“The European Council meeting next week will discuss several important items. In my judgment, though, and I think probably in the view of this House, none of these is more urgent than the situation in Gaza. The ongoing carnage in Gaza is unconscionable and illegal. We have watched with horror the complete destruction of northern Gaza. What was to be a response to a cruel and vicious attack...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Driver Licences (5 Dec 2023)
“180. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport when a bus driver licence will issue to a person (details supplied) who has passed all relevant tests and is urgently required by their employer to begin work as a bus driver; the length of time, on average, it takes to issue a bus licence following the successful completion of all test; and if he will make a statement on the matter....”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Foreign Conflicts (30 Nov 2023)
“229. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if he is aware of the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Pakistan as a result of the decision of the Government of Pakistan to deport 1.7 million Afghan refugees, many of whom face persecution in Afghanistan; the action he has taken to date to highlight this issue; if he has made contact with the Pakistan authorities to set out his concerns...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 80 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 148 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Howlin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 2362 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register