This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Tax Code, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Appeals, Social Welfare Appeals, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Payments
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Griffin and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Sports Capital Programme Administration (16 Nov 2017)
“The 2017 round of the Sports Capital Programme closed for applications on the 24th February. By the closing date, a record number of 2,320 applications seeking €155 million in grants were received. When the programme was launched, it was envisaged that €30m would be available which would have made the allocation of grants particularly challenging. Following the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Sport Ireland Funding (14 Nov 2017)
“Sport Ireland, which is funded by my Department, is the statutory body with responsibility for the development of strategies for increasing participation in recreational sport at national and local level and to co-ordinate the implementation of those strategies. While there is no specific programme within my Department to provide funding for the purpose outlined by...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Olympic Council of Ireland (14 Nov 2017)
“The payment of these legal fees is a matter solely for the Olympic Council of Ireland, which is an independent, autonomous body. My Department has not paid any part of these fees.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 599 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Griffin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 127 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register