This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Tax Code, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Appeals, Social Welfare Appeals, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Payments
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Griffin and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Sport Ireland (13 Jul 2017)
“Under Sections 8(b) and 8(c) of the Sport Ireland Act 2015, Sport Ireland has the specific function to encourage the promotion, development and coordination of, and the achievement of excellence in, competitive sport. It also has statutory responsibility to support elite athletes in achieving excellence in sport. Accordingly, Sport Ireland is the statutory body with...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport: Business of Joint Committee (12 Jul 2017)
“I am delighted to be here and I hope to be able to work with everybody. No apologies have been received. I remind Members to turn off their mobile phones or switch them to silent mode. I propose that we go into private session to deal with some housekeeping matters. Is that agreed? Agreed.”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 753 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Griffin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 124 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register