This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Tax Code, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Appeals, Social Welfare Appeals, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Payments
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Griffin and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Sport Ireland Administration (8 Mar 2018)
“Sport Ireland is the statutory body with responsibility for the promotion, development and coordination of sport. This includes responsibility for the allocation of State funding to sport, including funding for research activity. I have therefore referred the Deputy's question to Sport Ireland for direct reply in relation to the specific details of the funding provided to sport over...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Sports Capital Programme Applications (8 Mar 2018)
“The Sports Capital Programme (SCP) is operated by my Department and provides grants to assist in the development or refurbishment of sports facilities and the provision of sports equipment. The 2017 round of the SCP closed for applications on the 24th February. By the closing date, a record number of 2,320 applications seeking €155 million in grants were received. In...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Sports Capital Programme Administration (8 Mar 2018)
“The 2017 round of the Sports Capital Programme (SCP) closed for applications on the 24th February. By the closing date, a record number of 2,320 applications seeking €155 million in grants were received. In November and December last, Minister Ross and I announced €60m in allocations to a record 1,800 projects under the 2017 round of the SCP. ...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 25 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 314 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Griffin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 135 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register