This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Grant Payments, Tax Code, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Appeals, Social Welfare Appeals, Disadvantaged Areas Scheme Payments
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Griffin and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Sports Capital Programme Applications (20 Sep 2018)
“The Sports Capital Programme (SCP) is the primary vehicle for Government support for the development of sports and physical recreation facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment throughout the country.Under the 2017 Sports capital Programme a total of €62m was allocated to over 1,830 projects. The time taken for clubs to complete their projects can vary depending...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Tourist Accommodation (19 Sep 2018)
“2017 was a record year for Irish tourism. To date, CSO overseas tourism figures for 2018 confirm a very strong performance overall by Irish tourism, with key main markets continuing to show significant growth. These figures suggest that we are on target for a record high performance for the year as a whole. Fáilte Ireland monitors the performance of...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Tourism Capital Investment Programme (19 Sep 2018)
“My Department's role in relation to tourism lies primarily in the area of national tourism policy development, whereas the tourism agencies have operational responsibility for the implementation of this policy. With regard to the tourism product, my Department provides capital funding to Fáilte Ireland for investment in tourism. As set out in the National Development Plan...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 16 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Griffin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 144 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register