This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Dublin Fingal
- Former Labour Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Schools Building Projects Status, Appointments to State Boards, Social Welfare Appeals, Taxi Regulations
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Ryan and answered by departments)
- Climate Change: Statements (7 Dec 2017)
“I am sharing time with Deputy Fitzmaurice. The Government and the Opposition need to acknowledge that Ireland's engagement with the climate change agenda has been mediocre at best. We like to look down on the Americans in respect of this issue. We do not have a major problem here with a lobby of climate change deniers, such as there is in America. Our problem is different. If the...”
- Permanent Structured Cooperation: Motion (7 Dec 2017)
“The Labour Party is calling on the Government to halt a vote on Ireland involvement in the permanent structured cooperation, PESCO, arrangement as we have not had a sufficient national debate on the matter. The impact of joining PESCO could fundamentally alter Ireland's sovereign defence policy and history of neutrality for decades to come. It is too important a matter to rush through a...”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Medical Aids and Appliances Provision (6 Dec 2017)
“175. To ask the Minister for Health if financial support is available for a person (details supplied) for the purchase of a mobility scooter; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [52114/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 33 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 168 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 95 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register