This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Dublin Fingal
- Former Labour Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects Status, Disability Act Employment Targets, Schools Site Acquisitions, School Accommodation, Social Welfare Benefits
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Ryan and answered by departments)
- Environmental Policy: Motion [Private Members] (18 Dec 2019)
“Economic growth should not equal environmental decline but this is what has happened in our country as our economy has expanded in recent years. Our natural environment has taken a punch in the gut from industry, agriculture and transport. The mantra of "Ireland being the best small country in which to do business" is followed by a full stop. We know that Ireland is not the best small...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: School Admissions (17 Dec 2019)
“220. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the details of his announcement in relation to a school (details supplied) during his visit to the school on 21 November 2019; and if his announcement will result in additional places being available beyond the planned intake of 180 in September 2020. [53162/19]”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Special Educational Needs Service Provision (17 Dec 2019)
“224. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his plans to open ASD units using the recent changes in legislation that no longer require consent from a school; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [53190/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 47 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 314 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 157 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register