This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Dublin Fingal
- Former Labour Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects Status, Disability Act Employment Targets, Schools Site Acquisitions, Social Welfare Benefits, School Accommodation
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Ryan and answered by departments)
- Road Traffic (Amendment) (Use of Electric Scooters) Bill 2019: Second Stage (16 Oct 2019)
“E-scooters are increasingly found in many US and European cities. Ireland is proving no different. My daughter recently returned from two weeks of inter-railing across Europe, and she spent much of that time exploring cities on e-scooters. She said that everyone, even men in suits going to work, used them and that they are a magnificent way to get around. The company operating the...”
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (15 Oct 2019)
“The business this week shall be as set out in the first revised report of the Business Committee, dated 14 October 2019. On today's business, it is proposed that the Dáil shall sit later than 10 p.m. and shall adjourn on the conclusion of Private Members’ time, which shall be taken for two hours on the conclusion of the Parent's Leave and Benefits Bill 2019 [Seanad], or at 9.05...”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Forensic Science Ireland Laboratory (15 Oct 2019)
“176. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform further to Parliamentary Question No. 145 of 17 September 2019, if the contract has been awarded; if so, when will the contractors will be on site; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [42262/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 51 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 356 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 154 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register