This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Dublin Fingal
- Former Labour Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Appointments to State Boards, Social Welfare Appeals, Schools Building Projects Status, Taxi Regulations
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Ryan and answered by departments)
- Committee on Budgetary Oversight: Ex-ante Scrutiny of Budget 2018: Irish Fiscal Advisory Council and Economic and Social Research Institute (13 Sep 2017)
“President Juncker, in his speech to the European Parliament in Strasbourg today, reiterated the point made by the French President last week regarding a move towards a fiscal as well as monetary union and the possibility of introducing a new fiscal compact. The European Commission is specifically championing ideas such as a European monetary fund, a eurozone budget, a European Union finance...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: School Enrolments Data (11 Sep 2017)
“310. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the number of spare places in junior infants classes in each primary school in Swords and in the surrounding areas, including schools in the rural hinterland for the 2017-2018 school year; the waiting list for junior infants for each of these schools for the 2017-2018 school year; the way in which these figures compare to both the spare...”
- Written Answers — Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: North-South Ministerial Council (26 Jul 2017)
“386. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the status of the Fresh Start agreement in relation to Northern Ireland, specifically with regard to the Narrow Water bridge project linking counties Louth and Down; if funding for this project has been agreed; and when it is due to progress. [34984/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 37 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 213 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 89 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register