This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Dublin Fingal
- Former Labour Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Schools Building Projects Status, Social Welfare Benefits, Appointments to State Boards, Social Welfare Appeals, Taxi Regulations
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Ryan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Broadband Service Provision (21 Feb 2018)
“171. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to ensure that a high speed fibre optic broadband connection is provided to a location (details supplied) in view of the fact that the lack of such a connection is putting jobs at risk; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8858/18]”
- Dublin Traffic: Motion [Private Members] (20 Feb 2018)
“Another week sees another Fianna Fáil motion filled with lots of good stuff, including more bus lanes, feeder buses and buses in general, cycle lanes, park and ride facilities, the electrification of the Maynooth and M3 Parkway suburban line, and car parks at train stations. Who could disagree with this? Before Fianna Fáil tries to convince the House of its bona fides on the...”
- Written Answers — Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport: Rail Network Expansion (15 Feb 2018)
“27. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport the status of the proposed DART extension to Balbriggan; the timeframes for this; the plans for 2018 to advance this matter; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [7511/18]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 180 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 96 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register