This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Dublin Fingal
- Former Labour Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Appointments to State Boards, Schools Building Projects Status, Social Welfare Appeals, Taxi Regulations
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Ryan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Defence Forces Training (18 Oct 2017)
“34. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his views on the training exercise which recently took place in Sweden and the outcomes from this training in respect of a new air defence system; the cost of the system; the threats against which this system is directed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44047/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Defence Forces Strength (18 Oct 2017)
“44. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the number of members of the Defence Forces who have sought to buy their discharge since January 2016; the reason for this; the response he and senior defence force personnel made to this; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44049/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Defence Forces Recruitment (18 Oct 2017)
“52. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if he will report on the results of campaigns to encourage the recruitment of more women into the Defence Forces; if these campaigns are proving successful; his plans to continue these campaigns into 2018; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44048/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 188 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 89 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register