This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Dublin Fingal
- Former Labour Senator (Administrative Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 26 February 2011 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Social Welfare Benefits, Appointments to State Boards, Social Welfare Appeals, Taxi Regulations, Schools Building Projects Status
(based on written questions asked by Brendan Ryan and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: Special Educational Needs Service Provision (23 May 2017)
“218. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if works on a new ASD unit in a school (details supplied) will be completed before September 2017 in time for the new term; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24286/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Flood Relief Schemes Funding (23 May 2017)
“386. To ask the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform if funding under the voluntary homeowner relocation scheme can be accessed by flood victims in areas other than the Shannon region; his views on the case (details supplied); if they meet the qualifying criteria; and if so the application process for same . [24614/17]”
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Naval Service Operations (16 May 2017)
“616. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the number of search and humanitarian operations undertaken by the Naval Service in the Mediterranean Sea from May 2015 and to date in May 2017; the number of vessels deployed; the number of persons rescued; and the locations to which rescued persons were brought by Irish vessels. [23054/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 44 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 217 written questions in the last year — average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Brendan Ryan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 88 times in debates — below average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register