This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Residency Permits, Social Welfare Benefits, Asylum Applications, Citizenship Applications, Schools Building Projects
(based on written questions asked by Bernard Durkan and answered by departments)
- Brexit (Foreign Affairs): Statements (21 Jan 2021)
“I congratulate the Minister, the Minister of State and the Government for the way they have handled the negotiations so far and the cool and calm manner in which they have dealt with the issues that have arisen. To respond briefly to others' remarks, I think I was the first person in the country to promote the idea of an all-island economy and a single market for the entire island of...”
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (21 Jan 2021)
“My question is about the affordable housing Bill, which was promised legislation. Given the importance of the subject, might it be possible to bring it before the House as a matter of urgency?”
- Written Answers — Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment: Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (21 Jan 2021)
“5. To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if a Covid-19-related support payment in respect of rent will be available to a company (details supplied) that is currently meeting 50% of its rent requirements but due to lockdown cannot fund the balance; if, given the importance of the fact that it caters for children up to eight years of age, consideration will be given to its...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 168 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 1615 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Bernard Durkan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1785 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register