This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Residency Permits, Social Welfare Benefits, Asylum Applications, Citizenship Applications, Schools Building Projects
(based on written questions asked by Bernard Durkan and answered by departments)
- Questions on Proposed Legislation (21 Jul 2016)
“Deputies McDonald and Howlin very correctly raised the question of child psychiatric services. I received a reply to a Parliamentary Question on a similar issue in the past few weeks that was very interesting. It concerned the number of children from primary schools, particularly boys, who have been repeatedly referred to accident and emergency departments having self-harmed. To what...”
- European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Training: Motion (21 Jul 2016)
“I am glad to have an opportunity to speak on this particularly important motion. I strongly support the concept and have done so for many years. National and international crime is becoming very sophisticated and requires a co-ordinated effort on the part of police forces globally. This means that they need to be able to understand and speak to each other and have a common concept of what...”
- Written Answers — Department of Children and Youth Affairs: Child Care Services Provision (21 Jul 2016)
“39. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the extent to which her Department has been in a position to strategically examine and assess any specific deficiencies in respect of child care, youth support and-or development services with particular reference to identification of any problems arising at the earliest stage; if she is in a position to establish adequate supports to...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 237 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 2262 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 2 comments on this TD's speeches — above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Bernard Durkan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 1447 times in debates — well above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register