This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Medical Card Applications, Social Welfare Appeals, Social Welfare Benefits, Hospital Appointments Status, Departmental Expenditure
(based on written questions asked by Barry Cowen and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government: Social and Affordable Housing Provision (21 Sep 2017)
“243. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the position regarding Government plans as per the confidence and supply arrangement to introduce an affordable housing scheme; the timeframe for such plans; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [40005/17]”
- An Bille um an gCúigiú Leasú is Tríocha ar an mBunreacht (Ceart chun Tithíochta), 2017: An Dara Céim [Comhaltaí Príobháideacha] - Thirty-fifth Amendment of the Constitution (Right to Housing) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (20 Sep 2017)
“We believe that this Bill should be delayed to allow the housing committee to consider the report of the Constitutional Convention on this matter and other economic, cultural and social rights. Broadening the Constitution, our fundamental law, should be done carefully and should take into consideration the wide range of consequences. We believe the committee is best placed to do that work....”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospital Appointments Status (20 Sep 2017)
“388. To ask the Minister for Health when a person (details supplied) can expect an appointment for an MRI scan in the Midland Regional Hospital, Tullamore, County Offaly. [39165/17]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 77 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 527 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 31 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Barry Cowen speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 469 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register