This data was produced from a variety of sources.
Barry Cowen TD
- Fianna Fail TD for Laois-Offaly
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Barry Cowen speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Hospital Appointments Status, Departmental Expenditure, Medical Card Applications, Departmental Budgets, Social Welfare Appeals
(based on written questions asked by Barry Cowen and answered by departments)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Accommodation Needs for New Arrivals: Statements (23 May 2023)
“I thank Deputy Lahart for affording me a couple of minutes to contribute to these statements relating to the accommodation needs of new arrivals. Notwithstanding the majority of, if not all, Members of this Dáil agreeing that we have international obligations together with international credibility as a nation, which has suffered through its own history in the context of migration...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Defence: Engagement with the National Cyber Security Centre (23 May 2023)
“Apologies have been received from the Cathaoirleach, Deputy Flanagan, and Senators Joe O'Reilly and Ardagh regarding their unavailability. This meeting is a continuation of a series we have been having on the issue of cybersecurity. Today, we will discuss the work of the National Cyber Security Centre, NCSC. With us from the organisation are Dr. Richard Browne, director, and Ms Kerry-Ann...”
More of Barry Cowen's recent appearances
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — below average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Barry Cowen speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 649 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register