This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Expenditure, Hospital Appointments Status, Medical Card Applications, Departmental Budgets, Social Welfare Appeals
(based on written questions asked by Barry Cowen and answered by departments)
- Social Protection (Covid-19): Statements (2 Apr 2020)
“I offer my condolences and those of my constituents to the families of those who have died as a result of Covid-19. As other speakers mentioned, families are also encountering very difficult circumstances as they bury their loved ones during this time. I record my appreciation, thanks and support for healthcare workers, emergency workers, essential workers and indeed the patriots who are...”
- An Bille um Bearta Éigeandála ar mhaithe le Leas an Phobail (Covid-19), 2020: Céim an Choiste agus na Céimeanna a bheidh Fágtha - Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (Covid-19) Bill 2020: Committee and Remaining Stages (26 Mar 2020)
“I wish to raise two issues, one of which overlaps with the issue raised by Deputies O'Donnell and Troy regarding the Revenue guidance. It appears quite clear from page four of the Revenue guidance that the payments are not taxable whereas on page eight, it says that it is subject to taxation at the end of the year so could the Minister clarify that matter? Regarding amendments Nos. 59 and 68...”
- Written Answers — Department of Education and Skills: School Accommodation Provision (18 Dec 2019)
“173. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of a school (details supplied); and when it will receive funding towards an extension. [53695/19]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 59 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 516 written questions in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Barry Cowen speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 605 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register