This data was produced from a variety of sources.
- Labour TD for Tipperary
- Former Labour Senator (Agricultural Panel)
- Entered the Dáil on 26 February 2011 — General election
- Entered the Seanad on 13 September 2007 — General election
- Left the Seanad on 5 June 2009 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks (no more than once per day)
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Departmental Correspondence, Departmental Expenditure, Emergency Departments, Vaccination Programme, Covid-19 Pandemic
(based on written questions asked by Alan Kelly and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment: Energy Policy (28 Sep 2023)
“135. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment if there are any financial allowances/credits provided to people who have to use high-energy medical equipment, for example, oxygen tanks, 24 hours per day, towards the cost of their electricity bills. [41926/23]”
- Written Answers — Department of Health: Hospital Appointments Status (26 Sep 2023)
“566. To ask the Minister for Health if he is aware that a patient is being asked to wait until 15 January 2025 for an dermatology consultation in St. James's Hospital (details supplied) for treatment of severe hyperhidrosis which requires urgent intervention; if he will arrange to expedite this appointment, or if not, if he will make arrangements to fund Botox treatment for the condition...”
- Written Answers — Department of Defence: Naval Service (20 Sep 2023)
“67. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the number of females who applied during the most recent Naval Service cadetship competition. [40684/23]”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 381 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 3 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Alan Kelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 790 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register